5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lease Expiration

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
How many months in advance should a new truck order be placed so it gets close to lease end? 36 month lease ends 11-30-22. Would replace the Laramie "Night Edition" with similar vehicle. ACC, Level 2, plus ORP and HUD. Thanks.

HARDWATERFLYER

Reaction score
Oops. Found the thread on ordering. Guess I better make a trip to the dealership.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would order sooner than later as insurance - with used prices so high you would likely be better off buying out your lease rather than returning it assuming your current value is significantly higher than your residual.

Bavet

Reaction score
This has been a hard year to gage. I think the factory is getting better at building trucks in a timely matter. I ordered a new Big Horn on Aug 9, 2021. My lease was set to expire on Dec 28, 2021. My dealer wanted to purchase my truck for $3000 more than my lease payoff. Not sure if that's a good number or a bad number, but apparently if the dealer wants to purchase your leased truck it has to happen at least 60 days before lease end. So they purchased my truck on October 28, 2021. We are a three vehicle family so I had a car to drive while I waited on my truck, so this wasn't a problem.

When January came around my truck had still not been slated for production. I was getting a little upset and told my dealer so. They made some phone calls and apparently got my truck scheduled for production on Feb 4, 2022 but I had to give up Blind Spot Monitoring that I ordered. Made no sense because they were building Big Horns with Blind Spot and I didn't understand why they couldn't build mine? My dealer got a Laramie GT in mid January so I ended up just buying that. I gave up a couple options but gained many more and it has Blind Spot Monitoring.

The truck I ordered arrived at the dealer two days ago. Not only did it not have Blind Spot, but it only had a 23 gal fuel tank and I ordered a 26 gal tank. So I'm glad I upgraded to the Laramie GT.

I just thought I would share my story. I thought I ordered early enough but I was wrong. But like I said, it seems they are getting their sh*t together now so the chances of getting your truck in a timely manner has improved and I would really look into seeing if your dealer would be interested in purchasing your truck and pocket some equity cash.

Good Luck!

Phippy

Reaction score
I recently sold my 2020 Laramie lease to Carmax 6 weeks ago they gave me $10.5K over remaining buy out. What I should of done was research all the Ram dealerships in my area that were willing to give me close to that then agree on a special order price. Let them have the truck since my fishing season starts in April so not needing a truck at the moment. That way I would of cut down my taxes on new purchase by $2k+. Crazy money on trade ins right now then order if you can go without a vehicle for 12wks or so.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some dealers will lock in trade value at orders supposedly (local subaru is advertising this). Would be awesome to find a dealer who will price protect your trade and order price and then you're all set no worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online