5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaking Water Mold/Mildew in Cab

Dustinfish

Reaction score
Good Day all,
Was hoping to never make a post like this, I love RAM and owner several Dodge vehicles over the last 12 years. Two days ago I really notice a strong odor in my truck (19 RAM Limited 4wd). Due to COVID I haven't been using it much but the smell got worse and worse. Upon take my son to school I noticed water on the backseat. I had a Gen 4 RAM that leaked so knew right away I had an issue. Push the seat back, white mold like stuff all over my floor boards, and the underneath of the seat is full of rust...ugh. Furthermore investing found that the back of the headliner is completely soaked, water dripping for where the airbag inserts are. Complete nightmare, but gets worse. When driving yesterday I notice that the driver side dashboard has started to delaminate in certain parts of the dash. The gauge cluster hood is starting to warp as well pulling the material away from the dash. Let not even think about the hidden damage that I can't see right now.

So I have had the truck for 1 year, I purchased it was 200 miles on it but it was a CPO truck. It had disclosures of damage during delivery (major roof damage) repaired at factory then resold. I don't think lemon law applies to me because I am not the first owner, but I am the first purchaser. I did reach out to RAM support. I no longer want the truck. I just feel the damage is done, I don't want my kids in the truck. They said they will escalate the truck for a buyback claim. It falls with the 2 year date of manufacturing and I consider it "unsafe". Really not sure of how all this works. Service manager already says I am looking at a long repair time with these issues.

Any advice what to do here? Very new territory for me. Anybody with the same issue?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a common issue. The leak is coming from the top of the back window through the frame. Look up similar posts on here and I know there are a few long threads. Most people do go through the process of getting this fixed, some it fixes it for good, others have to have it fixed multiple times. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread