5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaking sunroof on 2020 Limited

CobraKai

Reaction score
I own a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with about 7000 miles on it. Today, while in a touchless car wash, water started dripping inside from the middle of the sunroof along the edges of both glass. Has anybody else experienced a leak coming from their panoramic sunroof where the two pieces of glass meet in the middle? Not sure if this is a simply seal fix or what? Thank you in advance.

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
Touchless car washes often have high pressure sprayers. Has it dripped previously?

RJS

Reaction score
Take it to the dealer for repair. My 19 with sunroof goes through a high pressure wash with no leaks at least twice a week.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine hasn’t leaked at all ..... knock on wood . I’ve heard that some of the Rams with the panoroof didn’t have the drain plugs installed properly from the factory .

CobraKai

Reaction score
This is the first time noticing the leak. I went through again yesterday to test it. It did not appear to leak. So I'm thinking maybe the seal just got caught up or something when I closed it last time? Nobody else seems to be having issues so thats my guess?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is the first time noticing the leak. I went through again yesterday to test it. It did not appear to leak. So I'm thinking maybe the seal just got caught up or something when I closed it last time? Nobody else seems to be having issues so thats my guess?
Either that or you didn't have it completely closed when you went through the car wash. Hopefully it won't leak again.

BTW...what did Carole do??? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

CobraKai

Reaction score
No it was definitely closed first thing I checked haha. I’m thinking maybe the seal got hung up on itself when it closed? I don’t know. Hopefully just something stupid like that.. just wanted to know if it’s happened to others. The Carole did it was in reference to The Tiger King haha. I was bored and bing watched that show in quarantine when I made this account.. if I made it now it would probably say something like CobraKai4life!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No it was definitely closed first thing I checked haha. I’m thinking maybe the seal got hung up on itself when it closed? I don’t know. Hopefully just something stupid like that.. just wanted to know if it’s happened to others. The Carole did it was in reference to The Tiger King haha. I was bored and bing watched that show in quarantine when I made this account.. if I made it now it would probably say something like CobraKai4life!
I think it would have been better if it had been slightly open. At least you'd know for sure. At this point it's just a guess. It could happen again at any time. Intermittent problems suck. I'm not sure about the seal being hung up, but I guess it could happen. I haven't looked at my seal to see if that's even possible. But hey, as long as we're speculating, maybe there was a piece of debris stuck in the seal when you went through the car wash (small stick, pine needle, leaf...etc.), which fell out the next time you opened it. That could allow water to get past the seal.

Haha...yeah I guess I haven't seen that movie. Too many things on my "must watch" list. I wasn't really affected by the quarantine, so I haven't really had any more time to watch TV than I did before all this crap happened. Appreciate the explanation though. ;)

CobraKai

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess we will see if it happens again... Here in NY we were put on a long lock down, I had nothing else to do haha. Work and Netflix..

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It really does sound like a case where you closed the sunroof the last time you had it open, shut your truck off as it was in transit, and opened your door right before it completely sealed (thinking it was completely closed). I’ve had this happen in my truck before, and only realized it when I could hear wind noise the next time I drove it.

KaraKoç

Reaction score
I noticed water dripping through the little square openings in the roof after some snow the night before. My 2019 Laramie 1500 is back at the dealer for oil service and some repairs. I mentioned the water leak from the sun roof, I hope they can figure out the cause and fix it. The water drips onto the drivers seat and the carpet was wet.

Last edited:

SGMBailey

Reaction score
on my 2020 1500 NE, when I go thru a carwash it sprays into the truck from the middle seal. Have taken to dealership twice and they keep giving the 1980 excuse of it being the carwash fault. No other Dodge/Ram I've ever had has had this issue.

Itzmillertyme

Reaction score
I have yet to test mine but it has a problem with the rubber seal between the 2 glasses

Attachments

• IMG_6443.jpeg
    IMG_6443.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6440.jpeg
    IMG_6440.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread