5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaking fuel - part number needed

x50

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this hose with the cap on the end is for and where the clip that holds it in place is supposed to be attached to?

I think it might get clip to the hose that connects the fuel rails but I'm not 100%. If someone could take off the plastic engine cover and take some pics for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

PXL_20220311_213433571.jpg

ww.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this hose with the cap on the end is for and where the clip that holds it in place is supposed to be attached to?

I think it might get clip to the hose that connects the fuel rails but I'm not 100%. If someone could take off the plastic engine cover and take some pics for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

View attachment 123004

View attachment 123005
Thats just a vent line, probably for transfer case or front differential

Reactions: x50

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, I probably would have just cut the old fuel crossover line off completely so you only had one clamp on each fuel rail instead of splicing in a section and now have multiple clamps that could potentially leak

x50

Reaction score
Also, I probably would have just cut the old fuel crossover line off completely so you only had one clamp on each fuel rail instead of splicing in a section and now have multiple clamps that could potentially leak

Yeah, I thought the same after I did it. I drove 25 miles yesterday, and have rechecked for leaks a few times. So far it is holding. Now I just have to get rid of the gas smell. With the heat on it's sucking the smell from the engine compartment area. I need to wipe everything down and I plan to change the cabin air filter.

bskubon

Reaction score
That sucks, damn mice. I’ve got like 10 mouse traps in my garage.

x50

Reaction score
I park outside. I decided to look at my camera recordings from the last week or so. This was the work of squirrels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread