5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaking After Lasfit Third Brake Lights Installed

GB1911

Reaction score
After seeing a bunch of threads about leaking third brake light I'm now hesitating to install led cargo lights in it. Has anyone experienced leaks only after breaking a possible seal to replace bulbs? Could be me just being paranoid but it defiantly won't be worth the led light if it stats leaking after. I do already have the bulbs and have been contemplating putting them in for over a week. I did not get the actual bulb for the brake light because I heard that it can screw with the remote for the truck.

Attachments

• Lasfit lights.jpg
    Lasfit lights.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 43

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have no issues with leaking. Just make sure the seal and cab are clean so nothing messes with the seal.

popcenator

Reaction score
I replaced mine and have not had any leaks, it's been probably about a year now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Reaction score
None on my end as stated just make sure that area is cleaned. If you want an extra piece of mind throw some bead sealer around it first.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I replaced mine and noticed leaking a couple months later, not sure if it was related to taking it off to reinstall the balbs or not. I bought a new chimsel and it again started to leak a few months later. Now on my 3rd one and it has been dry for the past 6 months. This last time I made sure to clean the body with alcohol where the gasket meets the cab. Also the two inner screws on the chimsel should be tightened first then the two outer screws to put the correct pressure on the gasket.

GB1911

Reaction score
Seems that the general consensus is that I should be good. Going to do it this afternoon. Thanks for the quick responses

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the aftermarket light has no seal, I'd get a new one from the dealership. The OEM and aftermarket lights might crush the seal/gasket differently and a leak could happen.

vincentw56

Reaction score
If the aftermarket light has no seal, I'd get a new one from the dealership. The OEM and aftermarket lights might crush the seal/gasket differently and a leak could happen.
He is just replacing the bulbs, not the whole assembly.

GB1911

Reaction score
Fitted the new bulbs today. WOW are they bright at night, for $20 I couldn't ask for more. Will update if it suddenly starts leaking. Cleaned the gasket and truck surface. Tightened all the screw evenly, being extra careful

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/