5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEAKED: Build Sheets Confirm 2025 Ram 1500 Tungsten Features!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

LEAKED: Build Sheets Confirm 2025 Ram 1500 Tungsten Features!​

Confirms Twin-Turbocharged Hurricane H.O. Powertrain...​

1688611664283.png

Over the past week, we’ve been discussing the highly anticipated 2025 Ram 1500 Tungsten, an all-new ultra-premium trim that aims to elevate the Ram 1500 against rival offerings such as the GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate and Ford F-150 Limited. Excitingly, Pickup Truck Plus SUV Talk, a popular YouTube channel, has managed to obtain one of the build sheets for the new Tungsten prototype pickups currently being tested by Ram engineers. These build sheets provide crucial insights into what we can expect from the vehicle. So, let’s delve deeper into the Tungsten and examine how this new information aligns with our existing sources.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Only the power headrests and massage function differ from the Limited for now.

I hope they include power adjusted steering column and 4 auto up/down windows. So strange those 2 small options are missing on the top trim trucks.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just what the world needed, another even more expensive truck 🤦‍♂️
We’re watching RAM run themselves into the ground in real time. If it weren’t for fleet sales, they would go the way of Pontiac, Saturn, and many others. <- Just personal opinion

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
It’s funny to me that Ram would replace a 19 combined EPA MPG eTorque Hemi V8 with a 16 EPA MPG twin turbo I6 HO (based on current EPA MPG on Grand Wagoneer L 4x4). Since the reason we’ve all heard was increased CAFE standards, this makes it worse. Also, the Hemi recommends 89 but is perfectly fine to run 87. The HO turbo requires premium. Nobody has talked about this yet in any of the articles.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s funny to me that Ram would replace a 19 combined EPA MPG eTorque Hemi V8 with a 16 EPA MPG twin turbo I6 HO (based on current EPA MPG on Grand Wagoneer L 4x4). Since the reason we’ve all heard was increased CAFE standards, this makes it worse. Also, the Hemi recommends 89 but is perfectly fine to run 87. The HO turbo requires premium. Nobody has talked about this yet in any of the articles.

Smaller truck can be cheaper yes, but I just want a simple 1500 with a powerful N/A engine. Neither Ram, GM, nor Ford will give that to me. The 6.2 will do the trick but GM forces you to spend 20,000 walking the trim levels before you can finally get the real engine, not doing that.
You can get the Silverado RST with the 6.2 for a reasonable price point.

silver billet

Reaction score
You can get the Silverado RST with the 6.2 for a reasonable price point.

Not in Canada when I was shopping 4 years ago, haven't cared to keep up with what they're doing now since getting my ram. They also seemed to be confused on what a 4x4 is (no low speed transfer case lol) unless you of course spend more money yet again to get the "z71" package. Then there is the missing movable pedals. And on and on. They were true garbage deals back then.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Smaller truck can be cheaper yes, but I just want a simple 1500 with a powerful N/A engine. Neither Ram, GM, nor Ford will give that to me. The 6.2 will do the trick but GM forces you to spend 20,000 walking the trim levels before you can finally get the real engine, not doing that.

The GM 5.3L isn't bad, not much lower than the 5.7L Hemi and you can still get the 5.0L in the Ford.

Though this build sheet doesn't confirm that the Hemi will be no longer an option in 2025, can't wait for the official details on this refresh.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The GM 5.3L isn't bad, not much lower than the 5.7L Hemi and you can still get the 5.0L in the Ford.

Though this build sheet doesn't confirm that the Hemi will be no longer an option in 2025, can't wait for the official details on this refresh.
No Hemi’s in 2025. All of the pilot vehicles, at least, are either Pentastar or Hurricane.

c_bass16

Reaction score
I soooo wished the Laramie and Rebel GT PACKAGE came with the 6.4. It made sense to me if people were calling it the Baby TRX.
The Hellcats got the Supercharged 6.2 and the ScatPacks got the 6.4
It just made sense to put the 6.4 in the Ram GT's. But alas...no one asked my opinion.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I soooo wished the Laramie and Rebel GT PACKAGE came with the 6.4. It made sense to me if people were calling it the Baby TRX.
The Hellcats got the Supercharged 6.2 and the ScatPacks got the 6.4
It just made sense to put the 6.4 in the Ram GT's. But alas...no one asked my opinion.

I honestly would be happy if the TRX got the 6.4L (powerful car version, not truck spec) as a NA cheaper alternative to the HC motor. Something to match with the Raptor 3.5L in spec and price.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly would be happy if the TRX got the 6.4L (powerful car version, not truck spec) as a NA cheaper alternative to the HC motor. Something to match with the Raptor 3.5L in spec and price.
That's what the Hurricane HO is going to do.
Raptor 3.5L EcoBoost: 450 HP, 510 ft-lb
Hurricane HO: 510 HP, 500 ft-lb
No idea if the price will be close. The TRX has gone bat-sh!t crazy on price for 2024.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
That's what the Hurricane HO is going to do.
Raptor 3.5L EcoBoost: 450 HP, 510 ft-lb
Hurricane HO: 510 HP, 500 ft-lb
No idea if the price will be close. The TRX has gone bat-sh!t crazy on price for 2024.

I rather have the sound and a NA V8 engine, just as I rather have the plain old 5.0L Coyote in the base Raptor over the 3.5L. The V8 sound just makes the whole experience better.

But that's my fantasy, if I had to give up my V8, I would like to have a Hurricane with a plug-in hybrid option in a Rebel. In the meantime, maybe a Silverado ZR2 could be in my more immediate future now that they finally fixed the interior in the Silverado and added factory fender flares.

silver billet

Reaction score

It's about the total package though. The GMC I was quoted was a base work truck with 4x4 and the 5.3 and vinyl floors, and that was about 10k more than what I paid for my "loaded" big horn. I'm not paying more for a noticably less powerful v8 and what at that time was a crummy 8 speed vs what I got now. It was just no comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread