5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leak in cab is this where its coming from ..pics...

Muggman

Reaction score
I have a leak in the upper corner of the rear window in my 2019 ram 1500 laramie, took these pics tonight, this is the outside of the truck, both top corners on driver and pass side rear window, is this where it could be coming through...I do have an appt to take it in on the 4th 20221223_183624.jpg

Attachments

• 20221223_183657.jpg
    20221223_183657.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 72

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like a leak common to these trucks. If they don’t want to fix it try some permatex

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Yup, seems to be the common problem with these trucks. Like mentioned above, if the dealer doesn't fix it for you there's always the permatex "fix". There's several threads floating around about people using permanent sealant with pretty good success.

Muggman

Reaction score
Well we have rain coming up here in Cali, and my appt is not till the 4th so I need to think of a way to temporarily fix it so it doesn't leak

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Well we have rain coming up here in Cali, and my appt is not till the 4th so I need to think of a way to temporarily fix it so it doesn't leak
If you're taking it to a dealer DO NOT use the sealant. You can probably get away with using some 3" painters tape to cover the gap around the window frame until you get it to the dealer.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
What part of California? I had this issue took the dealership 3 days to replace.. or so they said I haven’t seen my truck yet till Monday. Dropped it off on Tuesday and got th call today it’s ready.. if they have repaired it that’s a good turnaround. Check cdjr of Ontario..

Muggman

Reaction score
I'm in rancho cucamonga, I called the ontario one but couldn't get through, so I called Claremont and set it up

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I'm in rancho cucamonga, I called the ontario one but couldn't get through, so I called Claremont and set it up
Bro Claremont sucks, I live 2mins away. They don’t even offer rentals.. last I heard from Ontario they had 3 frames. Idk if they’re spoken for but they covered my rental and are done with the truck but I’ll keep you posted when I pick it up tomorrow

Muggman

Reaction score
Bro Claremont sucks, I live 2mins away. They don’t even offer rentals.. last I heard from Ontario they had 3 frames. Idk if they’re spoken for but they covered my rental and are done with the truck but I’ll keep you posted when I pick it up tomorrow

I'll give ontario a call again tomorrow and see what they say...

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
2020 built to serve. And yes they replaced th glass.. I know for a facts because I need to redo th tint now. Hoping ram will reimburse after it’s done

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
2020 built to serve. And yes they replaced th glass.. I know for a facts because I need to redo th tint now. Hoping ram will reimburse after it’s done
Don't count on that reimbursement. If it's not factory they won't pay for it

NoCrow

Reaction score
I'm in Northern California. Keep an eye on it. I had mine replaced for the 1st time in mid 2020. It's now cracked again in at least 2 places. Likely 4 places. And is leaking 100x worse than before. Just absolutely pours i to the cab. Cracked right at the corners where the roof rails funnel all the water right to.

Muggman

Reaction score
Well just got the call they the window won't get fixed under warranty..what a bummer. I really don't want to come out of pocket for it, that's a lot of money...so what's my next best thing, seal the cracks with black permatex?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well just got the call they the window won't get fixed under warranty..what a bummer. I really don't want to come out of pocket for it, that's a lot of money...so what's my next best thing, seal the cracks with black permatex?
Yup I'd say so. It won't hurt anything to try.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Got glass coverage on your auto policy? 😉 😉 😉

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

It seems most are using this instead of black Permatex. Rear window leak

Users who are viewing this thread