5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leak behind rear seats after car wash

Spidartanks

Reaction score
It’s not hugely bad. Just after a power washing there is a little bit of leakage behind the rear seats to wet the interior back carpets under rear window. I had a box with a. Fire extinguisher in it the box for a little damp for a couple weeks it was in there

how hard are these leaks to find for the dealership? Is it worth having them mess with it and make a mess or just leave it since it’s not horrible ?

I did take 3rd brake light out and checked behind It to see if the foam on the inside was wet and it all seems dry so at a guess it might be the sunroof drainage tubes ?

Any suggestions ?

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Start here:
Plenty of threads on this issue, some from the window, some from the light, some from the sat antenna, and some from bad body sealer on the roof.
Good luck

Spidartanks

Reaction score
Start here:
Plenty of threads on this issue, some from the window, some from the light, some from the sat antenna, and some from bad body sealer on the roof.
Good luck

Thanks for the fast reply - my overall question is

is some water leakage acceptable?

OR should I take it to the dealer and tell them it’s leaking and to fix it when I go in for next oil change?

I’d rather it be completely dry. I was just wondering if this is going to be more hassle than it’s worth ?

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score

OR should I take it to the dealer and tell them it’s leaking and to fix it when I go in for next oil change?

I’d rather it be completely dry. I was just wondering if this is going to be more hassle than it’s worth ?
No, it is not acceptable, just a common problem. The longer version is the leaks are hard to find, some dealers are much more sympathetic and helpful than others. Your truck is steel, steel rusts, water mildews and stinks, really needs to be fixed. Sorry for your trouble, I have a new one on order and figure it will leak sooner or later but I am going to watch for it.

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score

Don't hesitate, make an appointment asap with your dealer. If you know the car wash, take them there to replicate.

I dealt with a leak in the front for 9 months on my 2020 Limited before getting it lemoned out via arbitration and swapped for a 2021.
Make notes and keep records. Good Luck!

TRok

Reaction score
Mine personally was leaking from the 3rd brake light. Simple weather striping replacement from Lowe’s alleviated the issue. It was also a common theme I. The 4gen as well. Good luck.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE LEAK CLUB! RAMDOESNTCARE... ive been dealing with this since Last JUNE at two different dealers

Old Ram

Reaction score
Had leak issues on my 2016 Longhorn, ended up being "exhauster vents" on the back of the cab, poor design that worked loose, installed new design that I believe they are still using in the 2021's that are much better and that took care of it. Even with the new design if your power washing between the cab and the bed it's possible it blew the flaps open on the vent and water ran in. I would say dry it out and keep and eye on it, feel around after driving in heavy rain, if no water that was the problem.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Even a single drop (in that area) is not acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online