5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Uconnect software update on 8.4"

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine just updated this morning. Anyone notice anything different?

sgk

Reaction score
Mine just updated this morning. Anyone notice anything different?
When it updates does it notify you? Mine stopped working today for about half hour or so but didn't know what was wrong. Possibly an update but nothing I noticed. (12")

Last edited:

Kstatecat

Reaction score
My 8.4 updated today. I noticed it on screen when I shut my truck off. It asked to update now or schedule it. I pushed the update button and went into work. It was done when I got off work so I have no idea how long it took. I would be happy to give the version number if you let me know how to find it. I did notice that when making a call the crackling noise was gone.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 8.4 updated today. I noticed it on screen when I shut my truck off. It asked to update now or schedule it. I pushed the update button and went into work. It was done when I got off work so I have no idea how long it took. I would be happy to give the version number if you let me know how to find it. I did notice that when making a call the crackling noise was gone.
Too tired/lazy to go out to my truck at the moment... but this is what you should see under system information
image.jpeg

Kstatecat

Reaction score
My system info only gives a software subscription link to select. And when I select that it gives me a web link to go to.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My system info only gives a software subscription link to select. And when I select that it gives me a web link to go to.
My apologies, I got off my lazy *** to confirm that, at least on the 8.4nav, it no longer lists the software version. Wow.

There must be an easter egg to unlock the dealer/programmer backend like in the 4th Gen Uconnect. How else would a tech know what he/she is dealing with? Odd.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My apologies, I got off my lazy *** to confirm that, at least on the 8.4nav, it no longer lists the software version. Wow.

There must be an easter egg to unlock the dealer/programmer backend like in the 4th Gen Uconnect. How else would a tech know what he/she is dealing with? Odd.

Mine was automated message when I turned off engine. Took 30 minutes to update.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The newer UAQ/UAS you have to hold the drivers cold temp and hot temp adjustment down and the front defrost. That will take you into the dealer mode that will tell you everything about the unit

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The newer UAQ/UAS you have to hold the drivers cold temp and hot temp adjustment down and the front defrost. That will take you into the dealer mode that will tell you everything about the unit
Temps are on a dial for 2019... don't think it will work. It'll likely be a different button combo now.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Temps are on a dial for 2019... don't think it will work. It'll likely be a different button combo now.
Maybe on the 8.4". On the 12", it has separate driver/passenger up/down buttons for temp.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score

IIRC if you go into the climate control screen you will see sliding adjustments for temp control

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope they fixed the glitch in the display theme settings where the dash setting will always revert back to default but the uconnect screen keeps the theme.

So far this has held since the update. A0B91BB4-6DE7-492E-9347-9E2A6F960089.jpeg 1822B5A2-4378-436E-B74D-897A7602232E.jpeg

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like they fixed the glitch in the display theme setting. The dash theme has stuck so far after 5 starts. It usually goes away after 2 starts.

It could just be me, but my A/C feels a little colder.

Users who are viewing this thread