5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Year Of Classic 1500?

BlackBeauty14

Reaction score
Im guessing 2023 is going to be the last year we see the Ram 1500 Classic in production. Ive been seeing 5th Gen Trademans at dealers with the Night Package which makes them kind of similar to what the Express package was on the 4th Gens. Ive even seen a couple Warlock Packages on 5th Gens as well. And these were 2023 models.

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The electric 2025s will be built at the plant that builds Classics. They may have to reconfigure the entire plant.

ProKubinator

Reaction score
I think the whole idea of the "classic" was kind of strange anyways. Not sure why someone would buy the classic vs newer body style. Its not like its half priced

Dewey

Reaction score
I think the whole idea of the "classic" was kind of strange anyways. Not sure why someone would buy the classic vs newer body style. Its not like its half priced
I agree. Never understood that move. Seems like it would just complicate the assembly process and parts availability instead of just putting all that effort into the current generation.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They were able to sell the classics at a lower price. Plus they were good fleet vehicles. Was basically a $10k price difference for basic trim levels compared to 5th gens

Reaction score
It’s about time. The first year I thought maybe they just had a massive inventory of the previous body and we’re trying to deplete the rest of the stock before fully going into the 5th gen, but then they kept coming back.

John Galt

Reaction score
Price and big companies fleet standardization. I don’t know what company but I suspect there was a very large entity (or maybe a military?) that standardized on the gen 4 and redeploying a support system for the gen 5s was expensive and required more time (ot maybe the gen 5 wasn’t even workable) so FCA decided to keep that revenue stream.

Stelantis on the other hand has no problem making stupid suicidal moves in the name of “progress” so we’ll see.

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Clearly there is/was still a demand for them otherwise they wouldn't have kept up production. Having owned a 4th gen myself before trading it in on my 5th gen, i notice the 4th gens seem to be a little more of a sturdy truck. When I towed my enclosed trailer with the 4th gen there was no noticeable body/frame flex. The same trailer on my 5th gen I can actually see the body/frame flexing in my mirrors. Again, if they couldn't make money off them they wouldn't have continued to make them

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could get a regular cab in the "classic". We did a large order/deal for 30 regular cab long bed orange work trucks for a company.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hard to believe they are still making the 4th gens especially since the 5th gens are even getting long in the tooth now. I guess Ram is still using the cabs on the HD's for what ever reason their was an issue with manufacturing and being able to switch the HD's to the new cabs so why not continue making the 1/2 ton's at the same time. The 5th gen has much better crash ratings, not sure how much longer the 4th gen can meet the crash standards.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Im guessing 2023 is going to be the last year we see the Ram 1500 Classic in production. Ive been seeing 5th Gen Trademans at dealers with the Night Package which makes them kind of similar to what the Express package was on the 4th Gens. Ive even seen a couple Warlock Packages on 5th Gens as well. And these were 2023 models.

Yeah, not sure how it went so unnoticed, but it turns out that Ram has built hundreds of DT Warlocks. They come in a couple of flavors - Crew Cab or Quad Cab, and Pentastar or Hemi. All of them are 4x4.

SD Rebel

Reaction score

I think it was RAM's way to have a cheap mid-size competitor, at least based on price. With your typical dealer discounts, you can get a well equipped DS 1500 for right in the middle of the mid-sized truck market price ranges.

Considering the platform has fully paid for itself, this was an affordable way to compete for more market share in the truck market without having to build an actual mid-sized truck. Since they also seemed to be moving the RAM 1500 upmarket as well, this would make an affordable 1500 sized truck for fleets and more value truck buyers.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Price and big companies fleet standardization. I don’t know what company but I suspect there was a very large entity (or maybe a military?) that standardized on the gen 4 and redeploying a support system for the gen 5s was expensive and required more time (ot maybe the gen 5 wasn’t even workable) so FCA decided to keep that revenue stream.

Stelantis on the other hand has no problem making stupid suicidal moves in the name of “progress” so we’ll see.
Well i have noticed the Mexican national guard uses a good amount of 4th gen trucks. And a ton of of Chargers on my trips there

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Major retrofits and companies can continue to use the same exact frame.
I don't think any personal owner would buy a class version unless it was way cheaper.

Not needing to buy new parts for a company to fit a new kind of truck, and managing differnet newer models reduces overhead also.

U

User_3336

Seeing quite a bit of rebates on both DS & DTs, though how much could be dependent in your State or region.
Right now 10% off, which isn't bad. DT's and Classics (which ends tomorrow). I bet that doesn't run back to back. Previously $1825 was what I seen on the Classics, but TYPICALLY, Classics have poor rebates, overall.

Users who are viewing this thread