5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lasfit led

jdemidio

Reaction score
Has anyone installed lasfit led switchbacks for the fogs
Im having an issue where
Fogs are off, headlights are on ,put in to drive and the drivers side fog light comes on ,does not do it if headlights are off
Has anyone had this issue
2021 bighorn w/ halogens

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fogs are designed to come on when you turn. Are you turning when this happens? Just making sure that's not the issue.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fogs are designed to come on when you turn. Are you turning when this happens? Just making sure that's not the issue.
I never knew that. I drive with my fogs on, so never noticed. Just installed Lasfits hi/lo beams and fogs with no issues, just tweaking the height still, as they are BRIGHT AS F***!!!

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drive with mine on too but if you don't, the fog light in the direction you are turning will illuminate in the turn. Cool feature, but I like my fogs on.

jdemidio

Reaction score
No im parked in the driveway
What do you mean they come on when.you turn , i usually have my fogs when i drive at night

jdemidio

Reaction score
I never knew that. I drive with my fogs on, so never noticed. Just installed Lasfits hi/lo beams and fogs with no issues, just tweaking the height still, as they are BRIGHT AS F***!!!
Did you install the ld switch backs??

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No im parked in the driveway
What do you mean they come on when.you turn , i usually have my fogs when i drive at night

The fog light will come on when you turn for extra visibility. Just the side you are turning into. This obviously only works if you don't have them on already.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you install the ld switch backs??

I did not. I got the regular, 6k lumens H11 bulbs for my fogs.

Just an observation, but wouldn’t a switchback bulb need a relay of some sort to do the “switch”? If so, the fogs only have off and on, so maybe there is where the issue you are experiencing is coming from.

Honestly never had a switchback bulb ever, so I do not know, but seems reasonable considering the regular LED bulbs are good to go. Hope you get it figured out.

I’m gonna drive home tonight without my fogs on just so I can experience the turn signal feature🙂
And then read up on my owners manual a bit🤦🏻‍♂️

jdemidio

Reaction score
I did not. I got the regular, 6k lumens H11 bulbs for my fogs.

Just an observation, but wouldn’t a switchback bulb need a relay of some sort to do the “switch”? If so, the fogs only have off and on, so maybe there is where the issue you are experiencing is coming from.

Honestly never had a switchback bulb ever, so I do not know, but seems reasonable considering the regular LED bulbs are good to go. Hope you get it figured out.

I’m gonna drive home tonight without my fogs on just so I can experience the turn signal feature
And then read up on my owners manual a bit
Yes they have a relay, i ended up calling lasfit direct ,really great people ,had me try a few differnt things and unfortunately im returning them at thier suggestion and they will credit me the difference in price for the white like low beams ,i will say they are bright and so much easier to install then the hid kits i had in my 15

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes they have a relay, i ended up calling lasfit direct ,really great people ,had me try a few differnt things and unfortunately im returning them at thier suggestion and they will credit me the difference in price for the white like low beams ,i will say they are bright and so much easier to install then the hid kits i had in my 15

Another positive experience with a dealer/manufacturer. Glad they made the offer to return, and swapping for a more reliable option.
These 6k LED’s are stoopid bright! My drive home from work has sections of dark 2 lane freeway, and I could drive these stretch’s of road with just my fogs on, and still blind oncoming traffic. Trying to not be “that guy”, but they are sooo bright, am pretty sure that’s not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread