5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lasfit Headlight bulb recall?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got an email from Amazon with a link to this NHTSA safety recall link. Anyone else? I have not installed them yet but I am curious if this is really an issue.

Attachments

• NHTSA_Safety_Issues.pdf
    21.3 KB · Views: 25

JCK_25

Reaction score
I received something similar for a different brand but also through Amazon. My recall said the company would replace the LED with a halogen "free of charge". If I wanted halogen bulbs, I would have kept the ones that came in the truck. I'll be disregarding...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the recalled LEDs and the letter states "DianLieangzhihui Technology will provide a full refund or replace the LED bulbs with Halogen bulbs, free of charge" thus they can refund them and I'll use that money to purchase a set from Diode Dynamics. The sad thing is the Lasfits have performed well...all I had to do was re-aim the headlights and no glare or blinding issues from any oncoming drivers. It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't recalled rather than a "remember you must re-aim your headlights letter" from the Biden Administration NHTSA because Big Brother assumes us little people can't re-aim the headlights. I'll most likely keep running with them until Creepy Joe sends someone to my door to take them away from me and ask me if I've been vaccinated...

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI...if you have Lasfit headlight LED that are part of the recall, simply send an email to [email protected]. Inform them in the email what LEDs you purchased (remember, they have to be part of the recall), where you purchased them and if you purchased on Amazon provide the Order Number. They will be back to you in a couple of days and I received my refund two days after that. They don't require you to return the LEDs, sign paperwork that they were destroyed or that you have removed them...although I did remove them before trading the Ram in which they were installed.

Users who are viewing this thread