5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LASFIT Cargo lights. Not impressed

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put in some Lasfit LED lights for my center Cargo lights. Two diodes each. They lit up nice and bright... but one diode just went out today, a scant 5 months after I installed it. Goodbye Lasfit, hello Diode Dynamics XPR. I do think DD is a nice product. Let’s see how long the LASFIT interior LED lights last...

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
I bought both as my step-dad has a new ram as well and figured I'd just put the set i didn't like as much in his.

I found the diode dynamics bulbs as they don't have a forward facing led weren't as bright or atleast didn't throw the light as far just as an fyi

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I've had mine in only a month so far and they are working OK. However the CHMSL was a bust as it would throw a Key Not Detected, so I had to remove it and reinstall the original bulb. If and when the Lasfit go out like Condor757's I will be replacing them with DD.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I’m going to give Lasfit another go, they just sent me another pair of LED diodes as the original ones were still under warranty. Let’s see if these last longer.

Duran

Reaction score
Well I’m going to give Lasfit another go, they just sent me another pair of LED diodes as the original ones were still under warranty. Let’s see if these last longer.
I bought the reverse lights for my 2020 and when i took off the assembly it has no spot for halogen lights. You have any info on this.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the reverse lights for my 2020 and when i took off the assembly it has no spot for halogen lights. You have any info on this.

@Duran, not the reverse lights... I’m talking about the cargo lights up on the center mounted 3rd brake light. They are halogen originally and Lasfit makes an LED version.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
IDK where they’re made. I use Diode Dynamics myself, american mfg. company based our of Missouri.
Never ever had an issue with their LED bulbs.

revvr

Reaction score
There are too many comments about the key fob issue on the Lasfit Youtube video with the cargo lights install to ignore. Seems to be a very real issue. It's a bummer because Lasfit's interior lights are MAGNIFICENT. I installed them a week ago and they're incredibly bright. Superb product and it makes the interior look like it is daytime in there.

This being said, I didn't want to take the chance of this not working, so I just ordered the Diode Dynamics XPR lights to replace the stock cargo lights.

revvr

Reaction score
Updating: Installed Diode Dynamics XPR lights and they work well. No key fob issues at all. I would have liked these to be about 15-20% brighter, but they do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread