5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

larmie longhorn and limited what is the difference

cra1g

Reaction score
Interior trim is the most obvious difference. I liked the 'Saddle' color and the barn wood in the Longhorn, but I really didn't like the fake reptile trim on the seats.

There are a few things that are standard on Limited and optional on Longhorn, but if you want "fully loaded", I don't think the Limited has anything you can't get on the Longhorn. One of the biggest equipment differences is that some folks don't want the air suspension--you can't get a Limited without it, but it's optional on the Longhorn.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interior trim is the most obvious difference. I liked the 'Saddle' color and the barn wood in the Longhorn, but I really didn't like the fake reptile trim on the seats.

There are a few things that are standard on Limited and optional on Longhorn, but if you want "fully loaded", I don't think the Limited has anything you can't get on the Longhorn. One of the biggest equipment differences is that some folks don't want the air suspension--you can't get a Limited without it, but it's optional on the Longhorn.
Good summary. Wheels, grille, and door trim are exterior differentiators, but the interior treatments are notably different. Both are noticeably upgraded from the Laramie and especially lower trims.

Note that a fully-optioned Longhorn costs a bit more than an equivalent Limited precisely because (as you wrote) a few more features that are standard on the Limited are offered a la carte on the Longhorn.

In the end, it’s all about the style you prefer.

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
Longhorn = King Ranch version of Ram, has the country cowboy theme to it
Limited = City truck, has a contemporary modern theme to it

cipherbreak

Reaction score
I don’t think you can get body colored bumpers on the Longhorn. Tons of chrome...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think you can get body colored bumpers on the Longhorn. Tons of chrome...
Body-colored bumpers (aside from two-tone) were made available on the Longhorn as a separate option either late last year or early this year.

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
In my case (initially wanted the Laramie Longhorn), I found it impossible to find all the features I wanted "On the lot", so I started looking at limited trims, which was more fruitful. I guess dealerships don't think there's a big market for Laramie Longhorns that cost more than an equivalent Limited...I could have ordered one, but I prefer the potential "On the lot" extra incentives/advantages.

Users who are viewing this thread