5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Largest tires on Stock Rebel suspension and wheels

Daverous

Reaction score
Thanks. The duratrac tires started pretty quiet for me. With 20k at 75-80 they're by far the loudest thing on the truck. Other than the radio....

DieselRebel

Reaction score
Thanks. The duratrac tires started pretty quiet for me. With 20k at 75-80 they're by far the loudest thing on the truck. Other than the radio....
How are yours doing? Mine wore out at 30,000 miles that's why got new ones, seems pretty quick, but they say factory tires are made with softer rubber.
These Coopers have a 50,000 mile warranty so another plus

Daverous

Reaction score
How are yours doing? Mine wore out at 30,000 miles that's why got new ones, seems pretty quick, but they say factory tires are made with softer rubber.
Honesty they still look pretty good. I'll get a tread depth gauge on them tomorrow when I rotate again. I keep hearing they wear out around 30k so I'm planning for replacement. Seems a bit nuts to have a 30k tire, but I wouldn't put it past the factory. Even a set on katani trail hogs I had took 40k to need replacement due to noise.

NHjake98

Reaction score
So you went with Falcons and a 1/2" Wulf in the front? Did this level the truck? What height did you get out of the Falcons over stock? Full 2"? Did you put a lift in the back?
I did not put lift in the back, just the Falcon shocks. The addition of the Wulf spacer has it "almost level. I think I am about a half inch higher in the rear but hardly noticeable.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honesty they still look pretty good. I'll get a tread depth gauge on them tomorrow when I rotate again. I keep hearing they wear out around 30k so I'm planning for replacement. Seems a bit nuts to have a 30k tire, but I wouldn't put it past the factory. Even a set on katani trail hogs I had took 40k to need replacement due to noise.
I have 32K on my stock tires... rotated every 7,500ish miles... they are fine, really. Very noticeable treadware since new, and they are buzzy at speed... but always have been. I'm on the fence about replacing them before the winter, and if I do, it'll be 285/75's. Certainly serviceable in their current state for the foreseeable future.

todfhunt

Reaction score
i got 305/70/18 on my reb with stock everything 😂 but why do your tires look so much more beefy
So by running the wider TRX wheels you can fit a 12" tire. Looking to do the same. I beleive the offset on those wheels is the same as Rebel stock. Curious how the stance ended up and if you used spacers. With the added height are you getting any rub (front backside edge)? Send a pic, would love to see how it came out.

Reaction score
How much space do you have when turning? I want to run the same tire size on my Rebel and I have weathertech mudflaps.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Just thought about this over the weekend. Would like to move to bigger tires and keep stock 18" rims. Thanks for confirming that 285/75R18 fit without issues, definitely will go that route as soon as stock Duratracs wore out.

DieselRebel

Reaction score
How much space do you have when turning? I want to run the same tire size on my Rebel and I have weathertech mudflaps.
By mudflaps you mean wheel well liners or actually mud flaps? I have the stock wheel well liners and have space while turning

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
I did not put lift in the back, just the Falcon shocks. The addition of the Wulf spacer has it "almost level. I think I am about a half inch higher in the rear but hardly noticeable.

Do you feel that you could push the front slightly higher and do a rear spacer? Reason I ask is because I’m in the same boat as you. I leveled it with the Fox shocks but it’s still not completely where I want it to be. Just wondering if I push it past the 1/2 Wulf would I be stretching it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Hey guys, what tire pressure are you running on these 35s? Same as on stock Duratracs - 55 front, 45 rear?

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I run 55 and 50 on the back

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks. Was just curious why door sticker on TRX on 35s says 38 PSI, and if I will need to run same pressure on Rebel after switching to softer-than-Duratrac 35s.

BuckRebel2020

Reaction score
Hi DieselRebel, I'm getting close to replacing my factory Duratrac's. They are at 56K and still have another 10K in them. How are your Coopers holding up? I had a couple of sets of Cooper Discoverers on an old 4Runner before they started specializing that line into the AT3/XLT/Etc. I've seen mixed reviews on there tread life, but don't really trust online reviews much. No telling if they are paid to talk a product up or down!

Richkey85

Reaction score
I’m running 295/75R18 on my rebel with air and I never have any issue with rubbing under full lock even then in the lowest suspension setting.

Attachments

• C7A2F63C-DCC0-4EB2-ADCF-6FB2C5FDF920.jpeg
    C7A2F63C-DCC0-4EB2-ADCF-6FB2C5FDF920.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 459

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online