5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Largest Tire Size on 2019 Ram Laramie (no lift)

Ruger

Reaction score
Thank you sir. Very happy with the setup thus far. Carli commuter should raise me about an inch all around (HD Springs) from where I sit now and improve the overall ride performance. That’s the theory anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️
MK you are currently running stock ORP height (1” above stock ram height). Do you think if you just leveled the front (with bilstein 6112) you would be able to avoid any rubbing issues.

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
MK you are currently running stock ORP height (1” above stock ram height). Do you think if you just leveled the front (with bilstein 6112) you would be able to avoid any rubbing issues.
Correct, suspension right now is fully stock ORP (1” above stock ram height). I haven’t experienced any rubbing at all so far, but haven’t had a chance to go full lock yet as I just picked it up this afternoon. (Zero rubbing full lock with the 275/65/R20’s I just took off). I’ll do some checking tomorrow and get back to you. The Carli commuter system I ordered is a full replacement strut that does a 2-2.5 inch level over stock (1-1.5 over ORP) with 1” in the rear under about 500 lbs load. (Trying to make up for the topper and decked drawer system). Leveling with the 6112’s would accomplish the same thing in a different manner so I would suspect any minimal rubbing there is now would be taken care of with either setup.

ASorensen

Reaction score
Correct, suspension right now is fully stock ORP (1” above stock ram height). I haven’t experienced any rubbing at all so far, but haven’t had a chance to go full lock yet as I just picked it up this afternoon. (Zero rubbing full lock with the 275/65/R20’s I just took off). I’ll do some checking tomorrow and get back to you. The Carli commuter system I ordered is a full replacement strut that does a 2-2.5 inch level over stock (1-1.5 over ORP) with 1” in the rear under about 500 lbs load. (Trying to make up for the topper and decked drawer system). Leveling with the 6112’s would accomplish the same thing in a different manner so I would suspect any minimal rubbing there is now would be taken care of with either setup.
How are the tires working so far? I have a 2019 Laramie 4X4 with ORP and need new tires. Trying to decide if a lager tire is worth it. no mods on suspension.
It is a daily driver commute in Houston, TX.
any suggest will be appreciated

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
How are the tires working so far? I have a 2019 Laramie 4X4 with ORP and need new tires. Trying to decide if a lager tire is worth it. no mods on suspension.
It is a daily driver commute in Houston, TX.
any suggest will be appreciated
So to be honest, took a little work to get them to balance right. Ended up having to get them Road force balanced. And with the E rated tire they ride a little stiff compared to factory, but no where near bad. They rub slightly in reverse with full lock, but nothing to be worried about and I’ve only had it happen once. (Just try to avoid full lock) Mine is a daily driver in Northwestern MT, with the occasional very mild off-road (hunting, camping, etc. nothing extreme). I can’t say for sure if they would be right for you around town or not, depends on what you prioritize, but for me I’m very happy. Especially with zero mods to the suspension. I do have a Carli Commuter suspension on order (has been for a few months) and I can update even further once it shows up.

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I might just do the 275/65/20 them.
I ran those for about 50K miles before upgrading to the 285/65/R20 and they were way easier to balance and loved them as well. Was just looking for something a little bigger this time around.

Attachments

• F7FC2B78-D220-4ED1-A818-4532D1C9DA4E.jpeg
    F7FC2B78-D220-4ED1-A818-4532D1C9DA4E.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online