5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Largest Tire on 2019 Ram 1500 with Off Road Package?

Ztmalinowski

Reaction score
Seeing a lot of conflicting feedback out there regarding the largest tire one can put on their 2019 Ram 1500. Mine has the off road package (1" lift).
Not looking to add a leveling kit, & don't want to deal with any rubbing.

Have any of you successfully installed 285/65/R20 on your stock wheels?

bdhouston1

Reaction score
Seeing a lot of conflicting feedback out there regarding the largest tire one can put on their 2019 Ram 1500. Mine has the off road package (1" lift).

Did you ever get an answer? I am dealing with this same delema right now!

many advice would be greatly appreciated… thank you

schmidtp43

Reaction score
I have 285/65-18 with a 2" front level. Pretty sure I would have no issues without the level. Truck came with 275/65-18 so they are barely any larger. There will always be a slight variability on actual measured size between manufactures and tire types.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
you can use this calculator and measure for yourself on the truck. I did that before ordering my wheels for my ‘21.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have an ecoDiesel with the offroad package. I also have weathertech mudflaps. With my 275/65r20s, I had slight rubbing on the front left wheel when in a half-turn, especially if braking and/or downhill.

If I did not have the aftermarket mudflaps, I may not have had any rubbing. But, it's that close.

The right side was clear: that's what I measured off of to determine my max tire size. Silly me for thinking my truck was symmetric. ;)

bdhouston1

Reaction score
I have an ecoDiesel with the offroad package. I also have weathertech mudflaps. With my 275/65r20s, I had slight rubbing on the front left wheel when in a half-turn, especially if braking and/or downhill.

If I did not have the aftermarket mudflaps, I may not have had any rubbing. But, it's that close.

The right side was clear: that's what I measured off of to determine my max tire size. Silly me for thinking my truck was symmetric. ;)
Ha! Good point

recommedation on mud flaps?

thinking of 20x9 +1 fuel ammo D700’s
Nitto G2 275-60r20’s

with a 2” level

thoughts on that build up and tire size re: rubbing issues?

Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread