5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Larger Tires - Spare Tire Question

laminad

Reaction score
When upsizing tires and or changing offset with new wheels, do you change the tire size on the spare?

Or can you run stock spare tire ratios for what distance without a problem? Or do you big tire guys just never get flat tires?

BigBRebel

Reaction score
When upsizing tires and or changing offset with new wheels, do you change the tire size on the spare?

Or can you run stock spare tire ratios for what distance without a problem? Or do you big tire guys just never get flat tires?

I run 295/60 r20’s (34”) on aftermarket wheels. I changed the spare tire size also to match up in height. The spare rim is an 18 so I put on a 285/70 r18 (34”). That way I have no worries in getting a flat.

John813

Reaction score
I run 295/60 r20’s (34”) on aftermarket wheels. I changed the spare tire size also to match up in height. The spare rim is an 18 so I put on a 285/70 r18 (34”). That way I have no worries in getting a flat.

How more room did you have underneath there? 34 snug?

Yea, definitely want to replace the spare tire too cause you don't want to be driving with two different tire sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread