5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie with smaller tires/rims?

leftoutside

Reaction score
Ive never been too fond of the 20" wheels and low profile tires that came with my 19 Larry, has anyone downsized to a truck tire with more sidewall and offroad/terrain style tires? Pics if you got them. Im just tired of the street look on my truck.

RJS

Reaction score
Take a look at the Rebels, they come with 18's IIRC

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My first Ram was a 2019 Laramie, and I put on these 18x9 +1 Fuel Blitz with 305/60R18 tires. I started out with 18" stock wheels, so these added only slightly more sidewall than stock, but would add 1.2" sidewall if you were coming from 20" wheels.

This combo fit on stock, non-ORG suspension, though I did have to zip tie the front wheel well liners to avoid rubbing. This was easy and no big deal.

I've now got the same wheels on my 2021 Longhorn with ORG. I started out with the same tires, and with ORG, no trimming/zip tying was needed. Now, I'm running the same wheels, but have a lift and taller (295/70R18) tires. The silver truck is the Laramie with 305/60R18, red is the Longhorn with 295/70R18 and a Fox lift.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1407.jpeg
    IMG_1407.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 46

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My first Ram was a 2019 Laramie, and I put on these 18x9 +1 Fuel Blitz with 305/60R18 tires. I started out with 18" stock wheels, so these added only slightly more sidewall than stock, but would add 1.2" sidewall if you were coming from 20" wheels.

This combo fit on stock, non-ORG suspension, though I did have to zip tie the front wheel well liners to avoid rubbing. This was easy and no big deal.

I've now got the same wheels on my 2021 Longhorn with ORG. I started out with the same tires, and with ORG, no trimming/zip tying was needed. Now, I'm running the same wheels, but have a lift and taller (295/70R18) tires. The silver truck is the Laramie with 305/60R18, red is the Longhorn with 295/70R18 and a Fox lift.
For good measure, here's the Laramie with stock 18" wheels and tires (near Laramie, WY, how fun!). I wouldn't necessarily recommend all-season tires in mud like this, but I didn't get stuck! :)

Attachments

• IMG_2646.jpeg
    IMG_2646.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 48

Squatch79

Reaction score

Really digging the Fuel Blitz wheels. Love the way the look on the RAM. I'm thinking of going 20" X 9 +1 in the near future with 33 X 12.5 tires. How much poke do you get with the +1 offset?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Really digging the Fuel Blitz wheels. Love the way the look on the RAM. I'm thinking of going 20" X 9 +1 in the near future with 33 X 12.5 tires. How much poke do you get with the +1 offset?

Thanks, I like them a lot, too.

Just a bit of poke, which is the look I was going for. The tire tread come just about even, or slightly outside, the tops of the fender flares. For me, this was the perfect look: Looks more "truck like" without the tires sticking way out. I do get more dirt on the side of my truck when running on dirt/forest service roads, but a little mud is also a good look!
IMG_0076.jpeg

Squatch79

Reaction score
Thanks, I like them a lot, too.

Just a bit of poke, which is the look I was going for. The tire tread come just about even, or slightly outside, the tops of the fender flares. For me, this was the perfect look: Looks more "truck like" without the tires sticking way out. I do get more dirt on the side of my truck when running on dirt/forest service roads, but a little mud is also a good look!
View attachment 144012
Badass...... Exactly the look I'm going for as well. Any clearance issues on the brake caliper with the 18's?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Badass...... Exactly the look I'm going for as well. Any clearance issues on the brake caliper with the 18's?
No, but the tire shop has to be careful where they put wheel weights.

I mail ordered mine, and the balancing weights got knocked off as soon as I drove two feet. I ended up getting them re-balanced at Discount Tire; in retrospect, I should have ordered them locally.

DT had no problem balancing them, but blindly putting the weights in the middle will cause problems.

leftoutside

Reaction score
I took off my factory 20" wheels and put on a set from a Rebel Night Edition.
View attachment 144013
Where do you shop for wheels as new as these latest Ram models? Cant imagine many in parts yards yet, and epay is always fun. Are there online sources for oem wheels Im not considering? I appreciate the fuel blitz rims but Im not a fan of aftermarket stuff in general, so those are out. Im at that age where slow and low is preferable.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Where do you shop for wheels as new as these latest Ram models? Cant imagine many in parts yards yet, and epay is always fun. Are there online sources for oem wheels Im not considering? I appreciate the fuel blitz rims but Im not a fan of aftermarket stuff in general, so those are out. Im at that age where slow and low is preferable.
You can find Rebel wheels listed on Craigslist and Facebutt Marketplace. I've been searching for Rebel Night edition wheels for a few months with no luck, but I've seen a few sets of regular Rebel wheels.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. Since the 18" wheels are 8 inches wide they do sit inside the fenders just a hair more which I dislike but everything else of course is perfect since it's all factory equipment. I scored mine on FB Marketplace. I specifically wanted the all-black Night Edition wheels.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No rubbing or odd behaviors going from 20" to 18"?
"Most" ORP trucks come with 18's. My tradesman w/ORP comes with the steel 18's. I've seen others ask this same question, don't know why. Might be a fuzzy holdover from the aftermarket 18's that rubbed??

Users who are viewing this thread