5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie with off-road group?

RueferChi

Reaction score
I'm not a patient guy...whatsoever. The wait to order my Rebel 12 is killing me. What are your thoughts on ordering a Laramie with the off-road group? I really like the look and capabilities of the Rebel...but if you do a Laramie just right, you can come close to the Rebel. I like the few extra creature comforts on the Laramie too. Anyone have any thoughts on this that I'm not thinking of? Thanks

leonandlisa

Reaction score
I ordered the Laramie because I didnt want to give up the air conditioned seats that don't come in a rebel. I like the looks of a rebel too, so I ordered off road package and sport package to get a similar look.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanted the Rebel as well originally. Since I couldn’t get leather or ventilated seats I went with the Laramie with off road group. I am very happy with It and with the mods I’ve done, I am much happier with the exterior appearance. The interior of the Laramie is fantastic. I don’t think you can go wrong either way, but if you don’t want to wait, the Laramie is a good option.

Last edited:

MacDuff

Reaction score
I went the same route as leonandlisa, off road, sport package loaded laramie. Too many options I wanted that I just couldn't get on the Rebel when I ordered in September. Function over form in the end for me, because I really do like the exterior look of the Rebel.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I am in the same debate. I want the tech of the Laramie but the exterior looks of the rebel.

RueferChi

Reaction score
I'm heading to the dealer later today to order. Going with a Limited with the off road group. I like the overall look with the body colored bumpers and patriot blue.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
I'm heading to the dealer later today to order. Going with a Limited with the off road group. I like the overall look with the body colored bumpers and patriot blue.
Haha, you're definitely not patient! Totally switched gears! But good for you. You won't be disappointed with the Limited! Cheers!

leonandlisa

Reaction score
I ordered my Laramie on 10/15, went into production 12/13, shipped out 12/14. Now the wait to see when it actually shows up.

Horkn

Reaction score
If I were to get a ram, i'd more than likely get a Laramie sport off-road package. I test drove a rebel and liked it, but I don't want the 3.92 gears for freeway mileage. 3.21 gears, monochromatic, with sport hood, and off road package. I liked the North edition until I found out that you have to get it in a big horn but cannot get the keyless option. I won't buy another air suspended vehicle, and I'm solid on the 12" screen or the 8.4.

Everybody post up pics of their sport and off-road package Rams:)

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
I'm not a patient guy...whatsoever. The wait to order my Rebel 12 is killing me. What are your thoughts on ordering a Laramie with the off-road group? I really like the look and capabilities of the Rebel...but if you do a Laramie just right, you can come close to the Rebel. I like the few extra creature comforts on the Laramie too. Anyone have any thoughts on this that I'm not thinking of? Thanks
Can you elaborate on the creature comfort differences?

I wish there was an extensive comparison between the models without all the marketing crap that is distracting.

leonandlisa

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on the creature comfort differences?

I wish there was an extensive comparison between the models without all the marketing crap that is distracting.

For me, living in the desert, I wanted ventilated seats, that is not available on the rebel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
What is all in the off road group? If it was just for the 1” Lift and the Tires I would personally just get the standard Suspension and have the dealer throw in the 2” Lift and swap the tires. You will get an extra 1” that way and get to pick your tires. The skid plates and tow hooks can be added for about $250-300 bucks. Not sure what else is included. I am sure you can buy the stickers.

I also really like the look of the Rebel but the killer feature for me was Adaptive Cruise Control. After having it in my last Ram I wasn’t going to live without it.

Maple

Reaction score
If I were to get a ram, i'd more than likely get a Laramie sport off-road package. I test drove a rebel and liked it, but I don't want the 3.92 gears for freeway mileage. 3.21 gears, monochromatic, with sport hood, and off road package. I liked the North edition until I found out that you have to get it in a big horn but cannot get the keyless option. I won't buy another air suspended vehicle, and I'm solid on the 12" screen or the 8.4.

Everybody post up pics of their sport and off-road package Rams:)
I'm not sure if it was an error in the build and price, but when I was looking at the north package it also conflicted with the 33 gallon tank, couldn't have both. That crossed it off as a possibility for me.

Troop2865

Reaction score
With the Off Road group you also get the electric locking differential. When I ordered my truck, I wanted the electric locker. For a couple hundred more I could get the Off Road package which comes with the skid plates, tow hooks, and one inch additional lift with off road shocks. For me personally, I could not see paying extra for the Rebel package when I knew I would lift my truck a little more, and I wanted larger (different) wheels and tires than what came on the Rebel.

The Off Road package gave me what I wanted that the Rebel had without paying a lot for things the Rebel had that I really didn't care about. I like the idea of the Laramie with the options you want and the Off Road package.

Either way, it is nice to be able to customize things the way you want it. It is so hard choosing between two great choices.

Last edited:

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I forgot about the eLocker. Good call out. Probably worth it.

Horkn

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was an error in the build and price, but when I was looking at the north package it also conflicted with the 33 gallon tank, couldn't have both. That crossed it off as a possibility for me.

I believe the etorque hemi can't be had with the larger gas tank. Since the etorque doesn't add freeway mpg, I think that's an oversight. Now maybe there's some physical reason, like the vibration cancelling weights getting on the way of the bigger tank?

Grayfuji

Reaction score
I believe the etorque hemi can't be had with the larger gas tank. Since the etorque doesn't add freeway mpg, I think that's an oversight. Now maybe there's some physical reason, like the vibration cancelling weights getting on the way of the bigger tank?
I have the Laramie with E-Torque Hemi and the 33gal tank, among lots of other things. :)

RAMDJ

Reaction score

The configuration tool on RAMs site allows it.

Users who are viewing this thread