5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Wheel Choices

Ram408

Reaction score
So today while shopping I saw a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie CC long bed. It’s the exact truck I think I’m going to order. See the attached picture. Interestingly, the owner of this truck works for Ram. Now when I attempt to build this truck online, it will not let me choose those wheels. As soon as I pick the sport appearance group, it switches to a different wheel (the 20’s with inserts). I like the regular Laramie wheels much better. But I have seen a few trucks just like the picture on the road. Is the website wrong? Did it did Ram change things mid year? 0ABE0E5D-E656-4D2E-ADAB-DF7F5C04162B.jpeg

Last edited:

JLUR_

Reaction score
It's a 4x2. If you build a 4x4 (or try to add the off-road group which requires 4x4) it will switch to the wheels with inserts.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i was able to swap the rims in the configurator.

go to the exterior tab, under vehicle color you can select the rims pictured above without penalty.

i did select the 4x2 not 4x4 in this example

Ram408

Reaction score
It's a 4x2. If you build a 4x4 (or try to add the off-road group which requires 4x4) it will switch to the wheels with inserts.
Hmm, is that really true? I live on Long Island. 4x2’s are almost unheard of here. Most dealers don’t even stock them. Yet I have seen a few rams with sport appearance with the regular Laramie wheels. I guess it’s possible though. I wonder why they make you change the wheels when you get sport appearance on the 4x4.

Ram408

Reaction score
i was able to swap the rims in the configurator.

go to the exterior tab, under vehicle color you can select the rims pictured above without penalty.

i did select the 4x2 not 4x4 in this example
Try that with a 4x4.... it doesn’t allow it.

Ram408

Reaction score
i know, that is why i posted what i did.
Lol, point taken! I just find this hard to believe! I see them on road everywhere and no one is buying 4x2’s here. I’ll have to ask a dealer if Ram changed this or if the configurator is wrong.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
as nice as the sport appearance package rims are, you would have zero issues swapping for the rims you want. i'd consider it, but distance is the enemy.

Ram408

Reaction score
as nice as the sport appearance package rims are, you would have zero issues swapping for the rims you want. i'd consider it, but distance is the enemy.
I’m sure you are right because the regular Laramie wheels are more common. I don’t think the other rims are ugly. I just prefer the 5 spoke look. Plus, the inserts are probably coated plastic, which makes me worry about longevity in an area that has salt on road for 4+ months a year. I had a 2004 Ram which had the chrome clad wheels and by the third year they were all pitted. I have a 2016 Ram sport now which has solid alloy wheels and no pitting at all.

Aggie Rod

Reaction score
I don't think the website will allow you to change. When you go to order your truck they can make the change there. Make sure they don't try to up charge you for those 5 spokes.

NYRAM

Reaction score
Those wheels you have pictured are the WRB wheels and you can get the with the sport package if you ask. I order my truck that way. Well that’s how it shows on the build sheet. I’ll let you know if anything changes when the truck comes in hopefully this week or early next.

Users who are viewing this thread