5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie "standard" mirrors power-folding?

Reaction score
I've searched the forum and looked at many window stickers but they don't seem to say definitely...

If you get a regular appearance Laramie (no sport/black/night/etc edition) are the standard mirrors power-folding or manual-folding (but power adjustable)?

(I know the tow-package means definitely no power-folding)

Thanks!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

GerryS

Reaction score
I thought there were only two mirror options, standard and towing. That being said, the power folding option might lie in the level one or two packages.
Gerry

Reaction score
@Billy James that seems likely. It's just odd because power-folding is called out on the sport/night/black appearance packages and then not mentioned on "standard" appearance Laramies.

When you say you're is chrome.. do you mean regular amount of chrome or you added the chrome appearance package?

RJS

Reaction score
I've searched the forum and looked at many window stickers but they don't seem to say definitely...

If you get a regular appearance Laramie (no sport/black/night/etc edition) are the standard mirrors power-folding or manual-folding (but power adjustable)?

(I know the tow-package means definitely no power-folding)

Thanks!!

My guess is they are not standard as they are part of the sport or night addition packages in 2020. They are not mentioned on my 19 Laramie monroney sticker as standard equipment nor in level 1/2 of the 2020 pkgs.

AndreiV

Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie, Level 0 equipment (stock) has power folding mirrors.

Last edited:

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Billy James that seems likely. It's just odd because power-folding is called out on the sport/night/black appearance packages and then not mentioned on "standard" appearance Laramies.

When you say you're is chrome.. do you mean regular amount of chrome or you added the chrome appearance package?

I have the Chrome appearance package.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie, Level 0 equipment (stock) has regular folding mirrors.
I didn't see power folding mirrors individually listed on my window sticker. However, I wonder if maybe they are a part of the Level 1 group. Level 1 does give you blind spot detection; so maybe the mirrors are upgraded for that.

AndreiV

Reaction score
Power folding , sorry for confusion.
I dont have blind spot. No equipment group 1 or 2 either.
Power fold away mirrors listed on window sticker.
AndreiV, when you say "regular folding," do you mean power folding or manual folding?
Screenshot_20200112-190121_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200112-190644_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
So it might be that Laramies just have power-folding mirrors standard (but it's not always on the window sticker). Where is the button that folds the mirrors in & out?

magic280z

Reaction score
It is the button in between the driver and passenger selector buttons for the electric adjust. It is basically driver|power fold|passenger with the 4 way pad below it.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG

bdpeter

Reaction score
What I don't think you can do though is have them "auto fold" when the truck is locked with the Laramie or Laramie level 1.

That would be a nice option instead of pressing the button every time I get out.

Reaction score
What I don't think you can do though is have them "auto fold" when the truck is locked with the Laramie or Laramie level 1.

That would be a nice option instead of pressing the button every time I get out.
@bdpeter I believe you are correct. Ram just doesn't have an option to auto fold the mirrors (when you turn the truck on or off). But presumably that could be changed with a software update.

bdpeter

Reaction score
@bdpeter I believe you are correct. Ram just doesn't have an option to auto fold the mirrors (when you turn the truck on or off). But presumably that could be changed with a software update.

Ahhhhhh, I didn't know that. I thought the Limited's allowed you to do that but I'm not sure. Yeah, seems like a software update would be pretty straightforward on that. I know some folks use the Tazer (Lazer?) to set that function.
Thanks

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh, I didn't know that. I thought the Limited's allowed you to do that but I'm not sure. Yeah, seems like a software update would be pretty straightforward on that. I know some folks use the Tazer (Lazer?) to set that function.
Thanks
None of them have auto-fold. My ‘03 GMC did...lol.

Users who are viewing this thread