5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Sport (ORP) - Eibach Pro Truck Shocks, Rebel Wheels, 295/70/18 Toyo AT3's (PICS INSIDE)

MagicMikey

Reaction score
Well, it was time for some new tires (got about 30k out of the OEM Falkens), so I decided to take the opportunity to address the suspension and upgrades wheels and tires. I know plenty of people on here have looked at different solutions for a level, so posting pictures and details below for anyone interested. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to answer them...it's been raining for a good 24hrs here, but I'll get it on level ground for some measurements as well.

- Eibach Pro-Truck Front Adjustable Shocks (set to 1.8" of lift)
- Eibach Pro-Truck Non-Adjustable Rear Shocks
- Mopar 2" Lift Kit Upgraded UCA's
- Rebel 18" Wheels
- 295/70/18 Toyo Open Country AT3 (34.3"x 11.8" x 18")

Tires -
The weight difference is noticeable and the Toyos have a bit more road noise (as expected) above about 50mph, but they balanced out really well and I'm very happy with the decision to go with these over something like the Recon Grappler or heavier KO2's. Take it with a grain of salt, but several of the guys at Discount Tire all went with the AT3 when given the choice of about 4 different tires, mostly based on wear, road noise, and customer feedback.

Suspension - The truck definitely feels more planted and "firmer", with some of this being attributed to the stiffer E-rated tires, however, it is clear that they valving/dampening in the Eibachs is more confidence inspiring than the factory setup. I'd imagine like any new suspension setup, I'll be used to the ride in a few weeks.
Like everyone else here, I initially wanted to go with the Bilstein 5100's, but lack of availability and positive reviews for the Eibachs pushed me in a different direction, and so far, no regrets yet. Also, I know there is a never-ending debate around whether upgraded UCA's are needed with a level or not, especially when going with shocks instead of spacers, but the way I saw it, $120 for upgraded UCA's was cheap insurance and a no brainer.

20220118_163825.jpg
20220131_154603.jpg
20220131_154707.jpg
20220131_091331.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online