5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

laramie Sport Crew Cab with Rebel wheels

fontpaul

Reaction score
Just bought my truck about three weeks ago and have mod fever. I blacked out all the badges, tinted windows and did a rhino lining for the bed and I am ready for the big changes. I have a 2019 Laramie sport crew cab with 22x9 upgraded tires but I really like the look 18x8 Rebel wheels with the color matched beadlock ring. Does anyone know if there are any issues going down to that rim size? I have seen some posts that concern me about the calipers and brakes not fitting. But I am confused because I thought that they were basically the same truck. At the end of the day I want to take off the wheels off of the current truck image attached and put on the ram rebel color matched trx wheels from the other image.

Attachments

• Ram-Rebel-TRX-Concept-DodgeForum-10.jpg
    Ram-Rebel-TRX-Concept-DodgeForum-10.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 391
  • current truck.jpg
    current truck.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 376

fontpaul

Reaction score
Anyone? I read something about 2019's that come with 22'' wheels have a bigger knuckle that prevents using the 18" wheels. Can anyone confirm?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any wheel that is offered from the factory on any DT truck will swap to any trim level, as they all have the same brake calipers, and same (minimum) wheel clearance. Any appropriate Mopar accessory will fit too, as long as it is designed for the DT Ram

Where the issue is, is when we start talking about aftermarket 18" wheels. The factory and Mopar 18's have non-standard clearances in order to be able to run such a "small" wheel size over 15" brakes. Most 18" wheels have too small of a barrel diameter, causing either scraping on the caliper, or just outright inability to bolt up to the hub due to interference with the caliper. SOME aftermarket wheels will fit, but they will be the one's specifically designed for a truck with large brakes such as the Ram. The 2007+ Tundras have this same problem with 17" wheels, as their 14" brakes run into the exact same issue at that size, and there are only a handful of aftermarket 17's that fit, and one option from the TRD accessories catalog. I've even seen issues with improper wheel weight placement on the TRD 17's for the Tundra that caused an issue with getting scrapped off the barrel when coming in contact with the caliper. Not sure if the 18" DT trucks have this same problem either.

Last edited:

fontpaul

Reaction score
Thank you so much that clears it up for me. I was hoping that was the answer. You have just helped me spend a few thousand dollars and I am so excited. I will post picks as soon as I get it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex5737

Reaction score
Thank you so much that clears it up for me. I was hoping that was the answer. You have just helped me spend a few thousand dollars and I am so excited. I will post picks as soon as I get it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what did u go with?

THOP

Reaction score
Just to confirm for everyone, I just installed a set of the 18x9 TRX wheels on a 2021 limited that came with the 22s. I wrapped them with stock size rebel tires, 275/70/r18. I went with the Baja boss at. Zero issues with rubbing or fit. I only went for a quick drive with suspension in normal mode. Don’t believe there will be any issues in aero or entry exit mode

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to confirm for everyone, I just installed a set of the 18x9 TRX wheels on a 2021 limited that came with the 22s. I wrapped them with stock size rebel tires, 275/70/r18. I went with the Baja boss at. Zero issues with rubbing or fit. I only went for a quick drive with suspension in normal mode. Don’t believe there will be any issues in aero or entry exit mode
We need some pictures of that. Those Baja Boss A/T’s are awesome looking

THOP

Reaction score
I’ll get some tomorrow and post. It was dark when I put them on.

THOP

Reaction score
Here you go

Attachments

• B846511D-1DCF-4A4D-9762-21249D5D0B75.jpeg
    B846511D-1DCF-4A4D-9762-21249D5D0B75.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 4AD2F80C-F5BB-49F9-AB3D-5E48FFE799B0.jpeg
    4AD2F80C-F5BB-49F9-AB3D-5E48FFE799B0.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 117

Users who are viewing this thread