5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Sport Bumper and Suspension Upgrades

bcookt06394

Reaction score
I wanted to make my 2019 Laramie with the Sport Appearance Package a bit more useful off-road, so I went with the following adds and I'm very happy with the results!
  • Mopar 77072424AC lift kit. I did not use the rear spacers since I already have Air Lift 1000HD air bags in place and I mostly wanted the Fox shocks and front lift to compensate for the added front weight.
  • Stock take-off wheels and tires from a Rebel
  • Chassis Unlimited Octane series bumpers front and rear
  • Smittybilt x20 12k winch
  • 40W 3" pod lights from Amazon
  • 16mm latching switches from Amazon
  • Fuse and relay box
The bumpers were straightforward to install. I have a two post lift, so I was able to assemble the front bumper and winch assembly on a rolling bench and lower the truck to align them. The suspension was a relatively easy fit as well using some generic spring compressors from AutoZone. The only challenge I had here was a siezed upper strut nut which required me to cut/drill the nut off to free the spring. For the wiring, I ran separate circuits with dedicated fuses and relays for the front amber lights and the rear fog lights. The two white lights in the front are using the stock fog light circuits. This is fine, except for the cornering light "feature".... I feel guilty driving with them on all the time, but I don't want to surprise people at intersections with a blast in their eyeballs as I'm starting my turn. I would love to disable that if anyone knows how!

For anyone looking at aftermarket bumpers, I highly recommend the Chassis Unlimited bumpers. They fit great and are very well engineered. There are clever access holes for adjusting the lights and accessing the winch clutch lever, and I think they look great on the truck. I did disassemble the active air dam and kept the motor connected and tied up out of the way. I've seen mixed reviews about error codes and I need to pass a smog test, so I wanted to minimize the chance of problem.

IMG_1451.jpeg IMG_1453.jpeg IMG_1443.jpeg IMG_1449.jpeg IMG_1441.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1462.jpeg
    IMG_1462.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1463.jpeg
    IMG_1463.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1464.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 47

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great - so many of the aftermarket bumpers I see are really obnoxious but this setup hits the mark for good looks and the functionality you wanted. Great looking truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/