5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Sport 22" rims

rkelz1

Reaction score
Not that I am looking to now at only 6 mos on Goodyear low prolie tires, like 240/45 or thereabouts, but does anyone know how much more sidewall you might accomodate with massive R22?

What if you lifted 2 "

I really dont want Monster Truck, just more clearance for big snow, like we used to get, even in VA

Laramie sport at least has front air dam that screws clearance as far as I can tell

I owned 3 4Runners before biting the RAM, love it, but I wonder if my 4Runners were not all formidable off road

Texas_Ram

Reaction score
Not that I am looking to now at only 6 mos on Goodyear low prolie tires, like 240/45 or thereabouts, but does anyone know how much more sidewall you might accomodate with massive R22?

What if you lifted 2 "

I really dont want Monster Truck, just more clearance for big snow, like we used to get, even in VA

Laramie sport at least has front air dam that screws clearance as far as I can tell

I owned 3 4Runners before biting the RAM, love it, but I wonder if my 4Runners were not all formidable off road

I didn’t like the low profile wheels on mine, only got about 20k miles out of them. So I added a 2” leveling and went with 285/55R22 Toyo AT3.
f3fc6898c32f471bdaefa0a7cafbb74b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo98

Reaction score
I’m running those same rims just all black and I put 33” on them with no lift you can fit 35” with a level

Last edited:

captainzombie

Reaction score
I have the 22's on mine, and boy do I hate those skinny *** looking tires. I've already scuffed up my rims because of them. Granted it is my fault. Glad I bought the tire/rim warranty from the dealer, Chrysler did approve for me to get new rims.

I'm thinking that once I get about another 10-15K miles on these tires, I plan to get rid of them and get some Nitto G2's or some more aggressive off-road tires that are beefier, which should also help protect the rims from scuff marks.

Is the biggest tires that we can get on our Laramie's a 33"?

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Sweet Ride, Texas_Ram! Thanks for the info on the tires. I'm planning on something similar when the Goodyears wear out (and they will - I know ~20K is about average on those turds. All of my Rams with factory Goodyear Wranglers burned through them all in about that range).

cu-6.jpg

I'm also thinking of going up to 35s with a leveling kit when that time comes, because this truck started this whole mess for me... and despite the bad experience with a local stealership, I still kind of want this look (maybe not quite as aggressive, though - a little bit of lift, slightly bigger tires, and I'll be good).

2021_ram_1500-pic-1033418309364971643-1024x768.jpeg

I'm thinking I'm off to a good start.

Last edited:

tkell

Reaction score
I didn’t like the low profile wheels on mine, only got about 20k miles out of them. So I added a 2” leveling and went with 285/55R22 Toyo AT3.
f3fc6898c32f471bdaefa0a7cafbb74b.jpg

That's looking pretty good. I'm looking at getting the 285/55R22 as well. Any rubbing issues with those?

Users who are viewing this thread