5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Level 1 vs Level 2

FLG8R

Reaction score
When building a Laramie the price difference between Level 1 ($1600) and Level 2 ($4400) doesn't seem to justify the $2800 you spend versus what you get. It seems, unless I've misread things, that if you take away the $795 cost of Navigation you're paying $2005 for heated second row seats and a wireless charger? For that kind of money let the people in the rear seats bring their own bun warmers. When you try and build one with the Sport Pkgs they force you to take Level 2. Does this sound right or have I missed something?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe lvl 1 comes with the rear seat warmers also. Lvl 2 gets you the navi and wireless charger.

D

Deleted member103

It also gets you the harmon kardon

If that's true . . . I feel "cheated" in the Big Horn section between L1 & L2 - no HK option their . Even if it were, I don't want any of the "sensor-type" add-ons L2 has . ;)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If that's true . . . I feel "cheated" in the Big Horn section between L1 & L2 - no HK option their . Even if it were, I don't want any of the "sensor-type" add-ons L2 has . ;)

You should see the BigHorn on the Canadian website, they have 2 Level 2 options and they are the same price. Only thing I can see different between the 2 packages is USB ports.:D

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You ordered a big horn?

D

Deleted member103

You ordered a big horn?
NOT YET . . . AS I'VE SAID . . . years end will be more to my liking . . . for various reasons . . . 1 of which is the uncertainty of the V6/eTorque

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NOT YET . . . AS I'VE SAID . . . years end will be more to my liking . . . for various reasons . . . 1 of which is the uncertainty of the V6/eTorque

Can't feel cheated yet then

FLG8R

Reaction score
When building a Laramie the price difference between Level 1 ($1600) and Level 2 ($4400) doesn't seem to justify the $2800 you spend versus what you get. It seems, unless I've misread things, that if you take away the $795 cost of Navigation you're paying $2005 for heated second row seats and a wireless charger? For that kind of money let the people in the rear seats bring their own bun warmers. When you try and build one with the Sport Pkgs they force you to take Level 2. Does this sound right or have I missed something?
Just checked the configurator again and it now shows $3400 for level 2 with same equipment. So they have been screwing people out of a $1000 up until this change. Also, all paint colors except for red will cost you between $100 up to $500 (Ivory Tri Coat). The lesson to be learned here is to carefully check you POC sheet when ordering a 2019 Laramie. Don't know if any other models have been affected.

Flot

Reaction score
Just checked the configurator again and it now shows $3400 for level 2 with same equipment. So they have been screwing people out of a $1000 up until this change. Also, all paint colors except for red will cost you between $100 up to $500 (Ivory Tri Coat). The lesson to be learned here is to carefully check you POC sheet when ordering a 2019 Laramie. Don't know if any other models have been affected.

On the crew cab laramie, it still shows 4400 and it includes the 19 speaker sound system.. on the quad cab laramie it shows 3400 and no sound system.

I'm not sure you can trust the online build and price, there have been a couple of odd glitches on there.

If I build out a 4x4 laramie crew with the same options I ordered 70 days ago, the price is $100 higher, the paint upcharge. Everything else matched.

FLG8R

Reaction score
On the crew cab laramie, it still shows 4400 and it includes the 19 speaker sound system.. on the quad cab laramie it shows 3400 and no sound system.

I'm not sure you can trust the online build and price, there have been a couple of odd glitches on there.

If I build out a 4x4 laramie crew with the same options I ordered 70 days ago, the price is $100 higher, the paint upcharge. Everything else matched.
I have been checking the quad cabs only while following this and thats why I was somewhat surprised when someone mentioned it also included an upgraded sound system which did not show in Level 2 for this build. As for having to pay for all colors except Red it seems they are taking a chapter from Henry Ford who coined the phrase, " You can have it in any color so long as that color is Black ".

Whynot

Reaction score
I have been checking the quad cabs only while following this and thats why I was somewhat surprised when someone mentioned it also included an upgraded sound system which did not show in Level 2 for this build. As for having to pay for all colors except Red it seems they are taking a chapter from Henry Ford who coined the phrase, " You can have it in any color so long as that color is Black ".
I’m leery of the paint upcharges for now and going to wait to see if it is a build and price error. It is odd to me that red and white (bright white, not the ivory tricoat) are the free colors. Usually automakers do white, silver/grey, and a black as free. Also it is odd that they would decide to charge those colors now when there is already trucks out on the lot without the surcharge.

I can see some being an upcharge in addition to the ivory white (which always was), but all but red and bright white?

D

Deleted member103

If I see that sort of b.s. when I do the official build & price or even before at RAM.com, I will INSIST they reduce my build price to what it was, OR, if it shows up and they attempt to increase my negotiated deal - I will again insist THEY EAT IT or I walk . I have NO patience for "GAMES" !

Goomba

Reaction score
I believe lvl 1 comes with the rear seat warmers also. Lvl 2 gets you the navi and wireless charger.
I disagree that Level 2 gets you Navigation AND wirelees charging unless it does & one of the features is removed by whoever put together the "build" . I have heated & cooled FRONT seats, harman kardon, Uconnect 4c nav w/ 12'' screen & wifi. I do NOT have wireless charging or heated/cooled rear seats. I looked...& looked to be sure. I could not care less but as I am in the process of trading out ...I never know whether or not to select Level 2. I don't understand!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You've resurrected a thread which was active at the birth of the 5th gens, so there's bound to be errors in what people were posting about them. I honestly don't get all the confusion people seem to have with each package. It's easy enough to go to the ramtrucks.com website and build out what you want. You can compare level 1 and level 2 packages side-by-side and see exactly what you will get with each package. Then make a decision based on that.

Goomba

Reaction score
You've resurrected a thread which was active at the birth of the 5th gens, so there's bound to be errors in what people were posting about them. I honestly don't get all the confusion people seem to have with each package. It's easy enough to go to the ramtrucks.com website and build out what you want. You can compare level 1 and level 2 packages side-by-side and see exactly what you will get with each package. Then make a decision based on that.
I already have my truck. It was just a simple curiosity as I was filling out information about my truck for an appraisal. Good grief

U

User_3336

how do people dig up threads from TWO years ago? Lord, how bottom of the thread list was this topic?

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how do people dig up threads from TWO years ago? Lord, how bottom of the thread list was this topic?

When you become a new member, you read through so much stuff and make comments or have questions on threads that interest you or need answers on. It could be that they joined with a vehicle of the vintage in the original thread. Or simply not paid attention to the original thread date.
Ive been guilty of not noticing. All it takes is one person to bring old up to new posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/