5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie hoods

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This truck is a Laramie, but it has a normal hood on it. Mine is a Laramie also but came with a hood similar to the Rebels. What option is it that caused mine to get a different hood?

20220728_133418.jpg

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sport package. They're direct fit so if you want the normal hood you could easily find someone on here wanting a Sport hood to swap with you.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I actually really like the sport hood, but didn't get the sport package on mine. I would think it would be relatively easy to find someone willing to switch.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually really love the sport appearance hood also. I was just wondering why mine was different than the other Laramie trucks on the lot.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because its sitting at a CHEVY dealer! LOL

Yeah that's one of those conglomerates. They sell Ram/Jeep/Dodge and GM and Nissan from the same campus. Currently, the Chrysler brands are getting a new huge building constructed on the south end (you can barely see it in the background) so they've moved the Ram inventory to the adjacent lot during construction.

broomsky06

Reaction score
Mine was supposed to come with the sport hood as I have the sport package. I had a $295 credit on the window sticker for the "sport hood delete". Guess it was a supply issue on my 2021.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait, you have a Ram again?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Lol yes so I went to a Gladiator Eco diesel and had the oil leak issue with it also... ended up selling it and the people who bought it texted me and said that it caught fire on them last week pulling a trailer. Went to a Tundra but those guzzle fuel and when gas hit $5.09 I bailed out. Went to a Frontier but it got a transmission recall and it honestly was just too small inside... even smaller than the Gladiator. So dealer gave me $4k more for it than I had paid and I brought home another Ram. Stepped up to Laramie this time. Avoided the diesel.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
At least you found out first hand all brands and models have their own set of issues. Find the vehicle that has issues you can live with and be happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol yes so I went to a Gladiator Eco diesel and had the oil leak issue with it also... ended up selling it and the people who bought it texted me and said that it caught fire on them last week pulling a trailer. Went to a Tundra but those guzzle fuel and when gas hit $5.09 I bailed out. Went to a Frontier but it got a transmission recall and it honestly was just too small inside... even smaller than the Gladiator. So dealer gave me $4k more for it than I had paid and I brought home another Ram. Stepped up to Laramie this time. Avoided the diesel.
Haha damn you change vehicles a lot!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread