5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Group A/B

rbundy84

Reaction score
I posted this in the MSRP thread too but just wanted to let others know that dealers are starting to receive inventory with Laramie Group A/B (without the Blind Spot Notification). Prior to today, I thought it was just for custom builds. This has only been in a few Texas dealers I was looking at, but will become more widespread soon.

This may speed up my purchasing window....

rbundy84

Reaction score
Bumping this thread as starting to see this more widespread with inventories coming to dealers

I cannot get a straight answer, and hoping someone will know this - will the Blind Spot Notification/Advance Safety Group continue to be discontinued through the remainder of the model year 2021 for Laramies or will this be available hopefully over the summer?

I’m getting antsy on ordering a truck (and currently have a good proposal on a Limited from Aaron at Mark Dodge), but if I can order the a Laramie with Blind Spot/ASG and save 4-5k, I can wait

Decisions, decisions...

moparleo51

Reaction score
would have to say it won`t be anytime soon. so realistically probably not until nest year. this a a factor in my decision in mid january to get my laramie before the inventory changes occur

rbundy84

Reaction score
would have to say it won`t be anytime soon. so realistically probably not until nest year. this a a factor in my decision in mid january to get my laramie before the inventory changes occur
This is my concern and reading the tea leaves, this appears to be right....

neddles

Reaction score
ASG is still available on the build & price and I never saw that they were getting rid of that in the Laramie. My understanding is that the only change was the removal
BSM from the level 1 and 2 Laramie packages, resulting in a renaming (A/B) and a $200 reduction in the cost of those packages.

rbundy84

Reaction score
ASG is still available on the build & price and I never saw that they were getting rid of that in the Laramie. My understanding is that the only change was the removal
BSM from the level 1 and 2 Laramie packages, resulting in a renaming (A/B) and a $200 reduction in the cost of those packages.
It shows up on the website but according to Aaron, this is no longer available for Laramies (at least until the chip shortage is figured out)

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sure that once there is an adequate inventory of chips available, the blind spot monitor will be added back in to the safety group. However, who knows when that will be.

neddles

Reaction score
It shows up on the website but according to Aaron, this is no longer available for Laramies (at least until the chip shortage is figured out)
Well, crap... that certainly changes things for me. Sounds like 2022 it is.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie with the downgrade from Level 1 to Level A. I'm hoping that there will be an easy plug-and-play aftermarket option to add this back in once supplies come back up.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Well, crap... that certainly changes things for me. Sounds like 2022 it is.
Yeah, it’s either going to be a Limited now or hope these chips are available for the 2022 Laramie for me (and who knows what the price difference will be in 2022)

rbundy84

Reaction score
I just contacted Ram and confirmed the ASG is not available for Laramie (and no anticipated timeline when it will be available)

KCViper

Reaction score
This is too bad and hate to hear that these safety features are not available. Sounds like I got my truck just in the nick of time (ordered 1/22 and received 3/11).

rbundy84

Reaction score
This is too bad and hate to hear that these safety features are not available. Sounds like I got my truck just in the nick of time (ordered 1/22 and received 3/11).
From the looks of your build, it is almost exactly what I’m looking for too....congrats on the new addition!

Pwii4

Reaction score
I just ordered a limited 3/22/21. Will mine come with blindspot?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am glad I ordered my Laramie back on September 30th with a Nov 24th Delivery to the Dealer.
Got everything I ordered. I would have liked the Projector LED Headlights of the Limited, But
Oh Well.

Malodave

rbundy84

Reaction score
I believe Limited is unaffected. They are allocating supply for the higher trim levels
This is consistent with what Ram and Aaron told me....and no anticipated date for this to be available for Laramie but doesn’t sound anytime soon

NiteRAM

Reaction score
That’s a bummer, I feel it’s the type of thing that once you have it you won’t want to drive without it. Feel like blind spot monitoring is especially important for something like a pickup truck. I guess I got lucky, just picked up my truck 2 weeks ago and it has the level 2 not level b. I see all the inventory the dealer now has is level b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbundy84

Reaction score
That’s a bummer, I feel it’s the type of thing that once you have it you won’t want to drive without it. Feel like blind spot monitoring is especially important for something like a pickup truck. I guess I got lucky, just picked up my truck 2 weeks ago and it has the level 2 not level b. I see all the inventory the dealer now has is level b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could live without it if the Advanced Safety Group was part of Laramies, especially with this being my first truck....as awesome as a Limited would be, $60k is out of my range

Every20years

Reaction score
Bumping this thread as starting to see this more widespread with inventories coming to dealers

I cannot get a straight answer, and hoping someone will know this - will the Blind Spot Notification/Advance Safety Group continue to be discontinued through the remainder of the model year 2021 for Laramies or will this be available hopefully over the summer?

I’m getting antsy on ordering a truck (and currently have a good proposal on a Limited from Aaron at Mark Dodge), but if I can order the a Laramie with Blind Spot/ASG and save 4-5k, I can wait

Decisions, decisions...
So if you read the information on the overall semiconductor shortage the expectations are it won’t get better until at least Fall of 21, possibly into spring of 22. It depends on if manufacturers of the semiconductors have allowed the auto makers back into the production schedules or if the makers of other products bought all the capacity through the end of the year. The info I’ve seen in the computer industry sources are it takes about 6 months from start of manufacturing to a chip being ready to install on a new car. If the auto makers didn’t start to recognize the shortage until November 2020 then at the earliest it will be May before they have any additional. And that’s assuming they were able to get on the schedule with the semiconductor manufacturers the quick. Which I doubt happened. My bet is the early 2022s will also be limited unless the auto makers are holding chips to ensure 2022 gets a full complement. If you want the features you’re probably going to have to pay for the higher end models or wait at least 6 more months.

I’m seriously considering giving up the EcoDiesel and the interior color to get the loaded Laramie that has every else I want that’s been on the dealers lot since February. Might even save me $10k or more.

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/