5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie driver seat question..

ramhouston

Reaction score
My current Laramie is barely 2 months and is showing medium - heavy wear on the left side bolster. My previous Laramie looked pretty bad before i had traded it in. Is anyone else have similar or same issues with their left side bolster??

Attachments

• 9E0B20BD-E159-4C26-BB06-82968038C8FE.jpeg
    9E0B20BD-E159-4C26-BB06-82968038C8FE.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 96

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Rebel was getting heavy wear from sliding in and out of it, that was the main reason I got a running board now I step in and out no more sliding on the seat.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, that's why I trained myself on the proper way to get in/out of the truck. Left foot on the step rail, left hand on handle, swing my butt in. That way I'm not sliding over the bolster every day.

Now, training the wife to do the same on the passenger side....that's another chore. :D

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My current Laramie is barely 2 months and is showing medium - heavy wear on the left side bolster. My previous Laramie looked pretty bad before i had traded it in. Is anyone else have similar or same issues with their left side bolster??
That's not even light wear. It's just a small crease in the leather from getting in and out of the truck. Mine looks the same after 15 months and so did the last few, non-Ram, trucks I've owned. Not a big deal, IMO.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The seat bolster looks good to me. Are you referring to the crease? The 2020 Laramie I used to own had bolster creases on both front seats when I bought it brand new. Drive and enjoy your truck. Life's too short to worry about small things like that.

Phippy

Reaction score
Just for comparison here's my 2022 Laramie NE after 3k. Took delivery I cleaned and conditioned seats which is why they look slightly darker. I weigh 165lb and careful entry/exit, the passenger side is the same though with half the use. I do exterior/interior detail once a week except during winter months. Just enjoy like others mentioned.

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 54

ramhouston

Reaction score
That's not even light wear. It's just a small crease in the leather from getting in and out of the truck. Mine looks the same after 15 months and so did the last few, non-Ram, trucks I've owned. Not a big deal, IMO.
Well evidently my Toyotas and Ford didn't experience the same issue as my Laramie Lol.

ramhouston

Reaction score
The seat bolster looks good to me. Are you referring to the crease? The 2020 Laramie I used to own had bolster creases on both front seats when I bought it brand new. Drive and enjoy your truck. Life's too short to worry about small things like that.
Yes i am referring to the creases.. though if i am paying $60,000+ for a pickup truck then i expect much more dependable materials to be used Lol.

ramhouston

Reaction score
Yep, that's why I trained myself on the proper way to get in/out of the truck. Left foot on the step rail, left hand on handle, swing my butt in. That way I'm not sliding over the bolster every day.

Now, training the wife to do the same on the passenger side....that's another chore. :D
my a$$ feels amazing sliding up and down the bolster every time :LOL:

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes i am referring to the creases.. though if i am paying $60,000+ for a pickup truck then i expect much more dependable materials to be used Lol.
Sorry to say that $60k isn't a lot to spend on a mid-level truck anymore. It's sad, but true. As far as interior quality issues go, ask the guys spending $75k or more on a limited, only to have the leather on the dash start to bubble and shrink after only a year or two of ownership.

Phippy

Reaction score
Detailers use heat guns and steamers to remove creases to make leather seats look new again. With my OCD I tried my wife Dyson hair dryer puts out some nice heat with marginal gains. Not sure if seat material is soft enough to work.

tom318

Reaction score
Here's mine at 4,500 miles.

View attachment 143875
Mine look almost exactly the same at 64k miles. I do make sure not to "slide" out. I step in and out. My passenger seat almost looks worse. I'm also not what you call a bigger dude so I'm sure that helps with keeping the seats looking good. So far I'm satisfied with how the interior is holding up.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its leather… that happens. Don’t worry about it and enjoy your truck and avoid prolonging the wear and tear by not sliding out and into your seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread