5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Door Trim. Is it Leather?

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I cant tell if the door trim with the stiching is actually leather.
Are only the seats and center consol armrest leather?
I originally thought the dash and some of the door trim was also leather, but now im not thinking they are.

I am using 2 Chemical Guys products to keep the interior nice.
2in1 Leather Cleaner and Conditioner for the seats, armrest, and steeringwheel then Innerclean All Interior Detailer for everything else.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question, though based on experience, I suspect it's not leather.

But Chemical Guys 2 in 1 Leather Cleaner/Condition does state its also for imitation leather and vinyl as well, so either way, you should be fine.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
It isn't full leather like the Longhorn or Limited - more like a leatherette. But that Chemical Guys product should be just fine on it. Although I've found the best thing for dashes is often just a wet microfiber rag. Too much moisture on the dash from cleaning products can cause early fading from the greenhouse effect. Plus, when the sun evaporates those chemicals, it ends up as a film on the inside of your windshield.

Everything that touches my vehicle is Chemical Guys so I'm a huge fan of their products - including their leather conditioner. I just don't use much on the dash.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe ONLY the "seating surfaces", meaning the seat back and bottom are actually leather. The rest is pleather or vinyl, etc.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I believe ONLY the "seating surfaces", meaning the seat back and bottom are actually leather. The rest is pleather or vinyl, etc.
I read that as well.
Was wondering if any of the other stitched and padded areas might be leather.
No big deal. I think only the seating areas are.
Funny thing is the back of the seats are softer and feel nicer than the seating areas🤷‍♂️, and their likely vinyl.

Users who are viewing this thread