5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie 8.4 console trim

Ken1085

Reaction score
I've been thinking about ordering a Laramie but have noticed that some trucks have a glossy trim surround in the middle around all the buttons, controls and screen and other trucks have a matte hard plastic surround. Is there a certain option for selecting what trim you will get if ordering a truck?

Ken1085

Reaction score
Kinda think its glossy if you have the Nav and not if you don't but just my guess

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct glossy with the flush mount screen with NAV and the Matte black with slightly recessed screen in non NAV trucks.

Mopar21222

Reaction score
Thank you also for that clarification, noticed that some screens looks a little more flush-mount, now I understand. Is it possible for the dealer to add an SD card and flash the non-nav from the factory to make it nav?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you also for that clarification, noticed that some screens looks a little more flush-mount, now I understand. Is it possible for the dealer to add an SD card and flash the non-nav from the factory to make it nav?

I have been told that's no longer possible since the switch to the UConnect 4C units.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I have been told that's no longer possible since the switch to the UConnect 4C units.

Users who are viewing this thread