5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie 1500 Power Seats

Deriggs007

Reaction score
For those familiar with the power seats on the Laramie trim (not sure if it's different between trims) do all the buttons on your seat work?

On my truck, I noticed that the round dial with 4 "dented" adjustment buttons, sorry can't really describe this....but only the left and right work, but not the top/bottom. Is this normal? The manual does not talk about adjusting the seats, just the memory settings of the truck.

Basically, if you sit in your seat and reach down, you feel 2 levers and a dial type button that has 4 controls on it. The top/bottom do not work, I can't remember, but it may or may not make a sound as if it's trying. I want to say that it does, but I could be mistaken.

Can someone test this out for me and let me know? I'm going to be taking my truck in sometime this week and want to make sure I get my bucket list taken care of.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those familiar with the power seats on the Laramie trim (not sure if it's different between trims) do all the buttons on your seat work?

On my truck, I noticed that the round dial with 4 "dented" adjustment buttons, sorry can't really describe this....but only the left and right work, but not the top/bottom. Is this normal? The manual does not talk about adjusting the seats, just the memory settings of the truck.

Basically, if you sit in your seat and reach down, you feel 2 levers and a dial type button that has 4 controls on it. The top/bottom do not work, I can't remember, but it may or may not make a sound as if it's trying. I want to say that it does, but I could be mistaken.

Can someone test this out for me and let me know? I'm going to be taking my truck in sometime this week and want to make sure I get my bucket list taken care of.
Are you talking about the lumbar adjust button? If so it does work it's just God awful slow. You can't really tell either unless you got the lumbar sticking all the way out before you go up/down etc.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s funny that you mentioned this as I just tried this for the first time today. Was wondering what the heck was the top and bottom was . Then I called my people and they said it it raises the lumbar up and down your spine.

Ickabod

Reaction score

It is lumbar support:

Deriggs007

Reaction score
So what I have to do is use the lumbar support as if it's in my back, and then I need to use the top/bottom to move it around?

Hmmmmmmm, I will give it a try when I go to lunch today :).

silverbullet

Reaction score
So what I have to do is use the lumbar support as if it's in my back, and then I need to use the top/bottom to move it around?

Hmmmmmmm, I will give it a try when I go to lunch today :).
You got it. It is subtle but easier to notice the more you have it 'inflated'. I have my adjustment out pretty far as it fits my back best that way then I move it up a bit as I'm a bit taller than the average bear. It's a good way to get the seat to match your torso type.

Users who are viewing this thread