5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie 12” monitor freezes up.

Laramie2022!

Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve just joined the group and not sure how to look around to see if others have experienced the same issue I’m having with my new 2022 Laramie. The 12” screen freezes quite often. Sometimes the screen goes black, most of the time the last screen viewed just sits there. The dealer advises me to wait for the next software update being pushed out soon. ( No idea when though). Anyone else experiencing monitor freeze issue?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve just joined the group and not sure how to look around to see if others have experienced the same issue I’m having with my new 2022 Laramie. The 12” screen freezes quite often. Sometimes the screen goes black, most of the time the last screen viewed just sits there. The dealer advises me to wait for the next software update being pushed out soon. ( No idea when though). Anyone else experiencing monitor freeze issue?
The "next update" may be out in a few weeks or a few months. The dealer doesn't really know. That seems like a canned response they say to anyone having issues they can't figure out. Uconnect 5 has been very buggy. Not sure if you can check to see what software version you have on it right now. There have been a couple updates and you might not necessarily have the latest and greatest.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is an entire subforums specifically for the 2022+ Uconnect 5 that will have more information for you

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What version of UC5 are you running?
The dealership might say fixed in an update, and the guy could be a year out of date.

Can find it in the settings menu by dragging the left side all the way down to system information.
It starts with S2x.xx MY22

Laramie2022!

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for all the replies. I’ve been away for a while and just now getting back to my truck. Looking at the software I see it as: FCA-MY22.S21C.6-PROD. When I check the drive connect.com site and load my VIN #, I see that I have the latest version of software. I’ve an appointment at the dealership Friday and I’m looking for a replacement of the unit. Will let everyone know how I make out.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for all the replies. I’ve been away for a while and just now getting back to my truck. Looking at the software I see it as: FCA-MY22.S21C.6-PROD. When I check the drive connect.com site and load my VIN #, I see that I have the latest version of software. I’ve an appointment at the dealership Friday and I’m looking for a replacement of the unit. Will let everyone know how I make out.
S21 is really old., mine had it back when it was build December 2021.

I'm not sure if you can go right to the current version but here are some newer builds. I believe S26.17 is the current, but the only files I see are too large for me to upload
S23.13

S26.15

Place the zip file (only 1 of them at a time) on a USB drive formatted as NTFS and put it into your truck. Might need to turn it on and or off to trigger the update popup.
It takes around 30 minutes, you can drive while it's going.

Laramie2022!

Reaction score
Visted the dealer today and they uploaded a file to my truck. The update was for the Display Module not the radio. The new software fixes numerous issues such as a black screen. So far the screen has worked perfectly. Will “monitor” this and see if it continues to work. Otherwise back to the dealer! Thanks all for your inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread