5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lane sense question

Mcaveman

Reaction score
Is it suppose to keep you in the lane ? I do have the tow mirrors I know that changes some safety stuff? Thank

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Mine will give a gentle tug at the wheel to keep me awake. I have the audio off

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It nudges you back into the lane if the system is active (indicated by the green icon on the instrument cluster). You can adjust intensity & how soon it applies steering wheel torque in the settings. It is by no means very effective, and it will turn off quickly if it is constantly making adjustments.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should be listed on your window sticker. I could be wrong, but the Surround–View Camera is now listed as N/A w/Trailer–Tow Mirrors" as are the folding mirrors.

The Lane Departure feature had to be turned on, which took reading the manual. A little light on the dash glows green (active), gold (departure) and white (lane not detected).

Mine will provide a gentle tug, followed by a full correction if I do not respond. It the system does not receive input from the driver after a predetermined time (not sure how long that is), it will shut off.

Mine gets a little confused on two lane roads where the "right side" white line is against the grass/dirt or on roads that are not well defined.

Users who are viewing this thread