5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lane Sense Not Working??

Kazoo

Reaction score
Everything is selected in setup, but if I drift out of my lane I get no correction or sound...

Anyone else??

TIA,
Kazoo

Rupp

Reaction score
Is the option turned on using the left most button above your radio? Does it show the icon on the right side and is it white or green. Green means it's seeing lanes, white means it's not detecting lanes.

Kazoo

Reaction score
It is setup in the 12" screen, do I need to do the Cluster too??

NicholasRyanV

Reaction score
It is setup in the 12" screen, do I need to do the Cluster too??
It should show it on the cluster and if you have the heads up display it should change the lane lines from white to orange/yellow if you have it set up to show the road on the heads up.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If there are no reflective lines painted on the road, it can’t sense the lanes, and system will display as “White” which as stated above is inactive.

Rupp

Reaction score
I have a love hate relationship with this option. I really like it most of the time but sometimes I want to swerve a bit to miss a pot hole for example and the truck pulls me back into the lane. This is a bit scary when you're not expecting it.

Kazoo

Reaction score
More checking tomorrow....

Thanks guys...

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the cluster. If lane sense is active, there will be a green car/truck ( off center ) or white car/truck ( centered ) right besides the range guessometer.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
LKA on this truck S.U.C.K.S.

There's nor pretty way to say it. My last car ('16 Honda Pilot) would steer itself on a curvy highway @ 80MPH. For a truck that can PARK ITSELF - I consider the Ram LKA a joke and in poor taste.

One of the very very few things I dislike about the truck - but being one of the very few makes my dislike more intense (LOL).

Rick

fsjosh

Reaction score
If there are no reflective lines painted on the road, it can’t sense the lanes, and system will display as “White” which as stated above is inactive.

Bringing up a semi-old thread to note my experience. I have noticed it being pretty inconsistent. On the highway it works fine, but side roads are hit and miss. I assumed it was like the poster above mentioned about the paint for the lines, but I'm noticing that on roads where it's not correcting, that it still is lighting up to indicate that I'm out of lane. I could see it not working if it can't detect the lanes, but if it's noting that I'm crossing the center or side line, it should kick in. Which is frustrating because the two lane roads that it's not working on are the ones I would want it more than anywhere else.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I never used this on my 2019 after playing with it for a short period and not liming it and I don't plan on turning it on in my 2021.

Awood05

Reaction score
I tried mine today for the first time. (Not a big user of that feature to begin with) I will say though that it performed well. Very similar to the last two Fords I have that had that feature.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lane sense in these trucks is trash. It barely applies force even at the highest setting. Works noticeably better in other FCA vehicles I've owned.

That said, they should have added a constant lane centering feature by now, at least for highway use. Lane sense is damn near 10 years old.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Lane sense in these trucks is trash. It barely applies force even at the highest setting. Works noticeably better in other FCA vehicles I've owned.

That said, they should have added a constant lane centering feature by now, at least for highway use. Lane sense is damn near 10 years old.
I'd trade it in for a new F150 :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread