5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lane Departure Warning Plus vs. Lane Keep Assist

alex3610

Reaction score
Are these options as different as they sound from their description, or is this some anomaly where the same option is described two different ways? I'm after the lane keep assist, which to my understanding actually steers you back into the lane versus simply warning you about it. Is it possible to add this feature if you only have the LDWP? It's weird that I keep finding trucks with seemingly every driver safety feature known but not the lane keep assist. I would think this would go hand in hand with the Adaptive Cruise Control.

Thanks!

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about adding it, but I've got Lane Keep Assist since it's part of the Limited Level 1 package. I tried it and then immediately looked up how to turn it off. I'm just not a fan of my truck deciding what I should do.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Bighorn has both. They have different names in the 21 model. I think they refer to them as a driver and a steering wheel. Something like that.

Reminds me of a commercial saw recently. The idiot is looking in the back seat because his rug rat is bugging him to see some video on its phone. So Einstein is busy risking his family's lives, oncoming traffic lives and the lives of everyone around him so he can appease the squealing thing in the back seat. Fortunately his car was smart enough to save the day.

Humanity is disheartening.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lane Keep Assistant does not work well at all and it not worth the price of the options package if you're primary reason for buying the package is this poorly implemented option.

Users who are viewing this thread