5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lane Departure sound/feedback

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Lane Departure works except that there is no audible warning or tactile feedback no matter how I configure it in Uconnect.

I'm reluctant to have it fixed because I like the fact that those warnings don't work but also wonder if the lane Departure performance would be better if they re-flashed.

So my question to those with Lane Departure is whether there is an option in a fully working system to silence those warnings or if, like my wife's Kia, the audible warning is always on when Lane Departure is on?

Thanks
Bill

RickWaz

Reaction score
I don't believe there's any "audible" warnings, only visual and "haptic" (torque applied to the steering wheel) for lane correction. These can be adjusted via the Uconnect settings.

1608304342049.png

1608304270153.png

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, thanks. I knew that but was thinking that there also was an audible warning based on experience in another vehicle. Glad it's not a "feature" as it drives up nuts in the car.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just get a Nudge at the wheel and a flashing red Icon on the center cluster.

If it is Green, you are good, Orange, you are starting to drift out of your lane.
White, it is disabled while you change lanes.

Malodave

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like has been said, I get the nudge of the wheel and visible use in the gauge cluster.

It is not as intrusive as other makes/models. Some like that and others do not. I do wish the settings for it made a noticeable change. Even on the highest setting it does not move the wheel enough.

Users who are viewing this thread