5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LANE CHANGE ASSIST

N2OGV

Reaction score
The LANE CHANGE ASSIST (3-flashes) in my 2021 Laramie only works when signaling a right-hand turn. Left turn only flashes as long as I hold it, or click into full position. Is there a way to reset this?

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Lights are a function of the Body Control Module.
Other than invoking your warranty to get it fixed, you could disconnect the battery for a bit, and see if that resets the function.
Disconnect one terminal from the battery, press the brake pedal for 10 seconds or so to discharge all residuals, then re-connect.
You may lose some of your custom settings, though, and you absolutely WILL lose all the emissions readiness test results stored in the ECU, and it will take a couple or three drive cycles before all the readiness tests are completed again, so don't do this if you have emissions testing in your immediate future.

Steve

N2OGV

Reaction score
Lights are a function of the Body Control Module.
Other than invoking your warranty to get it fixed, you could disconnect the battery for a bit, and see if that resets the function.
Disconnect one terminal from the battery, press the brake pedal for 10 seconds or so to discharge all residuals, then re-connect.
You may lose some of your custom settings, though, and you absolutely WILL lose all the emissions readiness test results stored in the ECU, and it will take a couple or three drive cycles before all the readiness tests are completed again, so don't do this if you have emissions testing in your immediate future.

Steve
Thank you Steve!

Users who are viewing this thread