5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lane Assist

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else have a continuous annoyance with how this beeps at your for driving perfectly straight down a road? It seems to be getting worse for me.

If I drive straight for 2 min it'll beep.

Rick J

Reaction score
Anyone else have a continuous annoyance with how this beeps at your for driving perfectly straight down a road? It seems to be getting worse for me.

I have never had that problem. For what it's worth, the only time Lane Sense will beep (if working correctly) is when your hands aren't on the wheel. I doesn't beep when you drift out of your lane.

When operating conditions have been met, the
LaneSense system will monitor if the driver’s hands are on
the steering wheel and provides an audible and visual
warning to the driver when the driver’s hands are not
detected on the steering wheel. The system will cancel if
the driver does not return their hands to the wheel

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going to have them look at it. It's a great safety feature, but I have to run it off because it's always barking at me.

Dodgehemi0

Reaction score
My wife has a 19k dollar 2019 Kia Forte with lane assist. That 19k car destroys the lane keep assist in this 61k truck. This thing won’t even go around a small curve. The Kia I have can do big curves. Is it just my truck that’s bad or will anyone else’s truck go around a curve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kyle_1252002

Reaction score

Mine does this too. I don’t know how it monitors if your hands are on the wheel, but I usually have one hand resting at top center when it beeps at me.

Ram’s lane keep assist is definitely not the best out there. It feels very reactive and jerky vs proactive and smooth to me. I drove a Volvo XC-90 through Germany three years ago and that thing was amazing. It would dam.n near drive itself on any road. I drove 4 hours in the pouring rain in the dark one day and that was when I really grew to appreciate the technology. I don’t know how the vehicle could see the lanes, but I sure couldn’t and it made the drive sooo much easier. It also saved me a couple times gazing at the country side beauty on curvy two lane highways.

pinkerton

Reaction score
Mine has done it about 5 times in the 8,000 miles I've driven. If it was doing it often, I'd turn it off too - and add it to my "list" for the dealer.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has a 19k dollar 2019 Kia Forte with lane assist. That 19k car destroys the lane keep assist in this 61k truck. This thing won’t even go around a small curve. The Kia I have can do big curves. Is it just my truck that’s bad or will anyone else’s truck go around a curve?
Mine will, if the lane striping is good. It’s a little jerky at times...but I don’t intentionally drive hands-free much!

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mine does about half of the curve then beeps and shuts off. I think the sensitivity setting of it may have something to do with the curve assist amount.

Dodgehemi0

Reaction score
Mine does about half of the curve then beeps and shuts off. I think the sensitivity setting of it may have something to do with the curve assist amount.

I’ve tried every setting, I have to say I expected more for sure, at least to the standard of my Kia Forte.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
M
I have never had that problem. For what it's worth, the only time Lane Sense will beep (if working correctly) is when your hands aren't on the wheel. I doesn't beep when you drift out of your lane.

My wife does that already so I didnt buy the level 1 package. Same with cruise control, auto spacing and collision avoidance...

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That's the thing. It does all the time and my hands are in the wheel. 4 times in 1 hr tonight.

majorkrager

Reaction score

Yep, it's no better on my 2021 1500 Limited. It is the weakest lane keep assist I have ever experienced. It is effectively useless. It rarely detects the lane markings and is super weak in correcting. My wife's 21 Hyundai Palisade LKA keeps it centered in the middle of the lane and is rock solid except during rain or snow.

Slonis

Reaction score
Is there a way to issue this warning "hands to the steering wheel"? I really like to drive the lane keeping assistant, but the message can be annoying when driving straight ahead. Is there an option for AlphaOBD or Jscan? Leave assistants on and no warnings?

Users who are viewing this thread