5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lane assist beep put your hands on wheel

Vincey2kr1

Reaction score
❤️ love love this truck only annoyance I've found is my Ram limited drives so straight that she beeps at me constantly thinking that I don't have my hands on the wheel. She then turns off the Lane assist automatically. I've literally have had to Wander in the lane so my truck doesn't think I've fallen asleep. I find it pretty dam remarkably how straight she drives in the Kansas wind but I can't find anything to help. I've played with the settings "early assist, strength" etc what area your settings?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
❤️ love love this truck only annoyance I've found is my Ram limited drives so straight that she beeps at me constantly thinking that I don't have my hands on the wheel. She then turns off the Lane assist automatically. I've literally have had to Wander in the lane so my truck doesn't think I've fallen asleep. I find it pretty dam remarkably how straight she drives in the Kansas wind but I can't find anything to help. I've played with the settings "early assist, strength" etc what area your settings?

I assume you have a 4x2? My 4x4 drives amazingly but they will always wander to some degree.

warvet

Reaction score
4x4 here and absolutely no issues at all. It has told me to put my hands on.......only a few times since July ownership. I love lane keep a lot. I'm not sure if it's coincidence, but when I'm driving with one finger or something, it's almost like my truck sees me and tells me to put my hands on the wheel lol

ronkaren

Reaction score

You can turn of the lane sense if you want, mine became annoying after a while.
There's a limit on how many times the sensor will alert you, then automatically shuts off until you start the truck again. It's a great idea, but too many lines on the road to avoid.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 4x4 Limited drives straight as an arrow. Lane Assist beeps frequently on straight roads. I'd like for.it to be a little less aware of my steering input. I understand that it's to keep people from falling asleep or just letting the truck try to drive itself. We need less idiots instead of idiot proofing. No matter how idiot proof something is built, they'll always build a better idiot!

DeanKing

Reaction score
My 4x4 Limited drives straight as an arrow. Lane Assist beeps frequently on straight roads. I'd like for.it to be a little less aware of my steering input. I understand that it's to keep people from falling asleep or just letting the truck try to drive itself. We need less idiots instead of idiot proofing. No matter how idiot proof something is built, they'll always build a better idiot!
Well put. My favorite example is Tesla naming their system “autopilot” and then people dieing because they actually let the car drive itself even though it’s not intended to do that. So I kind of feel a bit of idiot proofing is needed. Btw this is my second car with this tech and I find the Ram works perfectly for me compared to my Subaru. It keeps it straight in a non annoying way and rarely complains at me for taking my hands off. But I have southeastern PA roads. Full of potholes, hilly, and curvy.

warvet

Reaction score
Guys, just adjust the sensitivity. Sure you can turn it off, but mine is on medium cuz I found high to be too much. Now if I switch lanes without signaling, it doesn’t take much to turn the wheel even tho lane keep is trying to stop me. The only times it’s ever an issue for me is when changing lanes or merging and I don’t want to signal cuz no car is behind me.

Overall I find that it forces me to signal more than I usually do, which tells lane keep that my move is intentional. But in case you don’t know, you can chose low medium or high in your settings.

Users who are viewing this thread