5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Koons Dealership Thread

eerattler

Reaction score
No worries...gonna refi soon anyway.
Question from one Georgian to another....do I have to wait to receive something in the mail to register at the local tag office or can I go whenever? Also, Koons pays the advalorem tax ((technically, I paid Koons the tax at closing), correct? Or were you hit with a big tax bill at registration?
Koons told me that they have a title service company that will handle getting the car titled in Georgia. Technically we paid the TAVT to Koons. Koons told me to wait for a call from their service to go ahead and register. I am going to follow up the first week of April to check on status.

Hurrigator

Reaction score
Koons told me that they have a title service company that will handle getting the car titled in Georgia. Technically we paid the TAVT to Koons. Koons told me to wait for a call from their service to go ahead and register. I am going to follow up the first week of April to check on status.
The more I think about how they f-ed me over on the finance the angrier I get. Feel like reaching out and saying something to them, but they won't care as they sold the car and now I'm essentially "dead" to them. Gonna be refinancing ASAP as I see nothing in anything I signed that states I have to make 3 payments.

GFK51

Reaction score
The more I think about how they f-ed me over on the finance the angrier I get. Feel like reaching out and saying something to them, but they won't care as they sold the car and now I'm essentially "dead" to them. Gonna be refinancing ASAP as I see nothing in anything I signed that states I have to make 3 payments.
Koons did the same to me, I refinanced the next week.

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score

If you refinance immediately, they likely lose their additional $ kickback, so in the end you will get the “last word”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the same thing when I bought my 21 last August. Was pissed off after I got home and realized I probably got shafted by the dealer on the finance deal. Refinanced about a month later for 1% less.

magoo

Reaction score
I did the same thing when I bought my 21 last August. Was pissed off after I got home and realized I probably got shafted by the dealer on the finance deal. Refinanced about a month later for 1% less.
got my tuck a month ago can you just refinance before the 3 payments

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read through my entire contract, there was nothing on there that said anything about having to make a certain amount of payments before getting out of the loan. There was only one mention that if the loan was paid off early, that there was going to be a certain fee which was never applied when I refinanced. I refinanced before I even made my first payment to the loan.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
You can refinance the day you walk out the door. I had an honest salesman and finance guy when I bought my truck (not at Koons) who both told me it only benefits the dealer. They get a kickback from the manufacturer if you finance through them at the higher rate. If you refinance tomorrow, the dealer loses the kickback and you lose nothing. I openly told them I would be refinancing the next day through my credit union - and I did. They still honored the large dealer discount they offered.

Hurrigator

Reaction score
I refinanced with credit union before the first payment. Went from the crappy 3.9% from Koons to 1.9%. Happy camper.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can refinance the day you walk out the door. I had an honest salesman and finance guy when I bought my truck (not at Koons) who both told me it only benefits the dealer. They get a kickback from the manufacturer if you finance through them at the higher rate. If you refinance tomorrow, the dealer loses the kickback and you lose nothing. I openly told them I would be refinancing the next day through my credit union - and I did. They still honored the large dealer discount they offered.
That is the kind of sales and finance guys that would get all of my future vehicle purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread