5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KO2's on 2022 1500 Laramie

vtsnowplow

Reaction score
Guys,

I am sure this has been discussed, but looking for any potential issues with swaping the P275/65/R18 Goodyear stock highway tires with a KO2 in the same but LT rated tire.

stock tires are 39lbs, KO2's are 55lbs. Now I have had KO2's on a Tundra and an older Silverado, but want to make sure KO2's will be fine on a 1500. The stock tires ride like a luxury SUV, and clearly they will ride like a truck with the E rated tire, but cant really find anything in LT that is lighter or a P rated tire that will be great on dirt roads and snow in VT.

Thanks in advance.

Nels

Reaction score
I switched put the Bridgestone Duellers for BFG KO2s in 285/60/20. Ive driven them about 25,000 miles in a year and half. 3.21 gears in my truck. MPG runs 16-17. I dont think that's too bad. I don't tow anything heavy very often. Mostly went e-rated to avoid flats on gravel roads.

I do sometimes feel like it takes a bit to get the teuck moving. I've considered a pedal monster or similar just for that reason - how it feels. Could be due to a heavier tire or maybe larger circumference. Other than that I have no complaints.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You’ll be good, but will prob lose a little mpg

mysticbus

Reaction score
I have a 22 Laramie 4x4. I did exactly what you said. I swapped the stock Goodyears for KO2's in E load range in the stock size. No ill effects at all, didn't really even see a change in MPG. Also I have a 2" Eibach lift all around.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPEG
    IMG_0409.JPEG
    249.5 KB · Views: 61

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 22 Laramie 4x4. I did exactly what you said. I swapped the stock Goodyears for KO2's in E load range in the stock size. No ill effects at all, didn't really even see a change in MPG. Also I have a 2" Eibach lift all around.
Looks great. What size are your tires?

Users who are viewing this thread