5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kinetic rope and soft shackles recommendation

Morenar

Reaction score
Hello All,
Looking to purchase some recovery gear to have in my truck. What kinetic rope and shackles do you all recommend?

Thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All,
Looking to purchase some recovery gear to have in my truck. What kinetic rope and shackles do you all recommend?

Thanks
I have the ARB weekender recovery kit. Has served me well. Im sure there may be better options out there depending on your intended use

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Project Farm on utube has a great torture test on kinetic ropes.

bigjeffg

Reaction score
I’m a big fan of bubba rope. Didn’t even know this company existed, until I attended an off road recovery class.

I would keep to soft shackles for safety. No reason to use old school shackles these days.

Their mother company makes rigging supplies for industrial and military use. The U.S. Coast Guard uses their gear for towing duty. Good reputation in the industry.

Last edited:

bigjeffg

Reaction score
I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the options. I like Bubba Rope, because they are manufactured in the USA. Rhino is a great US family owned company, but their gear is made overseas. Doesn’t mean it’s not great stuff.

I just prefer, and am willing to pay a little extra, for US manufacturing. I know not everyone feels the same way.

Good on you, carrying recovery gear. So many do not. I was at Port Aransas Beach just a couple weeks back. A dually Ford was stuck. He had no recovery gear. It took 3 pulls to get him on firmer sand. I had to talk him into airing down, so he wouldn’t get stuck again.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the options. I like Bubba Rope, because they are manufactured in the USA. Rhino is a great US family owned company, but their gear is made overseas. Doesn’t mean it’s not great stuff.

I just prefer, and am willing to pay a little extra, for US manufacturing. I know not everyone feels the same way.

Good on you, carrying recovery gear. So many do not. I was at Port Aransas Beach just a couple weeks back. A dually Ford was stuck. He had no recovery gear. It took 3 pulls to get him on firmer sand. I had to talk him into airing down, so he wouldn’t get stuck again.
I have a local friend that works for a company that builds cables and straps for rigging. They arent kinetic straps, but they have a high break strength. I don't have any of his stuff as I had already bought the ARB kit before I knew he sold them.

bigjeffg

Reaction score
I have a local friend that works for a company that builds cables and straps for rigging. They arent kinetic straps, but they have a high break strength. I don't have any of his stuff as I had already bought the ARB kit before I knew he sold them
Probably would make great tow straps.

Loganator456

Reaction score
I don't have any kinetic ropes/soft shackles right now (although I have the Rhino USA ones saved to buy on Amazon later).
The Rhino USA recovery straps, tree straps, and snatch block have all been very good to me when I had them in the past. Only gave them to a buddy when I was without a truck for a period before getting my Ram.
Definitely recommend them for quality budget gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/