5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killing birds

Mtsabo

Reaction score
Ive got only 3000 miles on my ram and already ran down 3 birds. Are 5th gens just bird magnets?

Mtsabo

Reaction score
Ive almost got countless. Owl going 60mph. Black bird? Going about 55mph. And a yellow finch going about 20mph. Smoked them all.

thrillracing

Reaction score
I had a ‘61 Orange Baja Volkswagen Bug in high school and it had a 2185cc motor in it and was mean for a small light car. I don’t know if it was the aero with all the fiberglass or what but it was a joke about how many birds it would hit. I would tell people no bird ever thought a bug could be that fast.. back to your regularly scheduled program.

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like the bird population is way up lately. I have close calls with them every other day. I don't think I've clocked any with this truck but I did take out a few with my 2014 and had some wing marks on the hood to prove it, one in the windshield at 70 MPH I though it was going to break.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
No, but I did hit a wild turkey with my F150 a couple of years ago. Did about $1500 damage. Damned thing flapped right out in front of me when driving across a bridge in some bottoms. Used to be pretty rare to see a wild turkey...now they're jumping in front of our vehicles to commit suicide.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
No, but I did hit a wild turkey with my F150 a couple of years ago. Did about $1500 damage. Damned thing flapped right out in front of me when driving across a bridge in some bottoms. Used to be pretty rare to see a wild turkey...now they're jumping in front of our vehicles to commit suicide.
:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread