5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kids car seats.

Insanity

Reaction score
I'm beginning my search for a new car seat for my smallest monster, he is 2 but on the large side of the percentile. Last measured 37 inches 36 pounds. The car seat I have is working just fine but it lays him back and putting his feet in the back of my front seat. I am looking at more upright seats for him to grow into in the next couple years.

What are yall using, and how do you like them?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just get whatever is cheap from Walmart, they are all regulated by the government.
I believe the step up to regular seating cars seat is 35lbs.
Lots of the have 2 angles they can be installed at, maybe you can adjust how the one you have sits now.

If he keeps his head up he will be fine. You can look at "convertible" seats which are several in one and you just move plastic pieces to adjust it. Should be $50-120 depending on what you can find. Some have the ability for the back to come off and act as a booster when done too (booster seats Re dirt cheap though so don't spend a lot more for that)

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Running into the same issue with our just turned 4 yr old.. can't put him a booster seat till he's older or heavier. (currently 48" & 50lbs). Front seat is pretty far fwd and he can still kick it if he wants to.

Jersey laws:
a.A child under the age of 2 years and 30 pounds shall be secured in a rear-facing seat equipped with a 5-point harness.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
b.A child under the age of 4 years and 40 pounds shall be secured as described in (a) until they reach the upper limits of the rear-facing seat, then in a forward-facing child restraint equipped with a 5-point harness.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
c.A child under the age of 8 and a height of 57 inches shall be secured as described in (a) or (b) until they reach the upper limits of the rear-facing or forwardfacing seat, then in a belt positioning booster seat.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
d.A child over 8 years of age or 57 inches in height must be properly secured by a seat belt.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could always fix them kicking the seat. We definitely weren't allowed to when I was growing up. And there were repercussions for not listening

Users who are viewing this thread