5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicker Key 200.4 DSP/Amp Question

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Hey guys, gotta question. Has anyone installed a Kicker Key 200.4 DSP/amp in their truck and if so, what do you think? I've changed all of my speakers to Infinity Reference and added an Infinity Basslink powered sub. I can not for the life of me get it staged correctly or get it to sound "right". It's 95% better than the 6 speaker base system that I started with, but still not quite there.

Darxide

Reaction score
Got one sitting next to me, hope to get it in asap, just depends on the weather since the truck doesn't fit in my old garage. Always raining or snowing this time of year.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Got one sitting next to me, hope to get it in asap, just depends on the weather since the truck doesn't fit in my old garage. Always raining or snowing this time of year.
If you wouldn't mind snapping a few pics while installing and let me know your thoughts about how it sounds I would be beyond thankful! I've finally pulled the trigger and got mine also. If I get it installed before you I'll do the same.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
I installed mine yesterday. I'm in the process of tuning it and cleaning up the install. So far I think I'm going to be impressed. To be only a 200w amp it REALLY increases the power and sets the stage correctly. It fits under the front seat with no problems and installs pretty easy.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Okay....... I got this thing dialed in and must admit......its some kind of Voodoo black magic! It, my speaker upgrade and the addition of the sub has COMPLETELY changed the "entertainment experience" in a base 6 speaker truck..... It will blister your eardrums!!

Geddyflea

Reaction score
If you upgrade like I did you HAVE to listen to "The Small Hours" by Metallica on volume level 16....... my ears are bleeding 🤣

Reaction score
i tried https://www.kicker.com/keyloc-smart-line-out-converter(okay but not really impressed) maybe i should have looked into this ????? i ended up with a lc7i-a dsp for the crossover and time alignment plus a125x4 amp 6.5 component's and reference 6x9's in the back doors. very loud and clean sound with sundown 10's in the fox acoustics box. a grand total of about 1200. it's louder than i need but great for showing off to the kids at work lol old gray haired dude just beating down.

Users who are viewing this thread