5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicker CS Upgrade

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
Unfortunately waiting to get your truck is brutal. I had to reorder another one and wait for a 22. I have a truck with the Alpine 9 speaker and sub on the way. I know the system runs 2 ohms. I've read the forums and done research. I'm looking to see if anyone has upgraded all 9 cabin speakers to now 4 ohms? 5 3.5's (3 in dash and 2 in the rear of the headliner) and 4 door 6x9's and their feedback.

Attachments

• speaker.jpg
    speaker.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Jordan3206

Reaction score
The only thing I would change if you are not going to go aftermarket amplifier is the front 3, 3.5" dash speakers. I prefer the Infinities. Coming from a guy who has done this all and is now pushing 2500 watts.... RMS.

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
The only thing I would change if you are not going to go aftermarket amplifier is the front 3, 3.5" dash speakers. I prefer the Infinities. Coming from a guy who has done this all and is now pushing 2500 watts.... RMS
Appreciate the feed back. I was looking for someone whos already been down that road. I will probably go with the Infinity's for the dash and headliner. I found Kicker PS 6x9's that are 2 ohm and debating about putting them in the doors.

Jason605

Reaction score
Appreciate the feed back. I was looking for someone whos already been down that road. I will probably go with the Infinity's for the dash and headliner. I found Kicker PS 6x9's that are 2 ohm and debating about putting them in the doors.
Have you looked at CDT Audio, they have 2 ohm 6x9's. I was thinking about the HD-690CFX for the rears and HD-690CFS.2 for the fronts. Not many reviews on this set up though.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing I would change if you are not going to go aftermarket amplifier is the front 3, 3.5" dash speakers. I prefer the Infinities. Coming from a guy who has done this all and is now pushing 2500 watts.... RMS.

Attachments

• 103_1494.JPG
    103_1494.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 67

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
Have you looked at CDT Audio, they have 2 ohm 6x9's. I was thinking about the HD-690CFX for the rears and HD-690CFS.2 for the fronts. Not many reviews on this set up though.
I was just looking. Trying to find more reviews. Thank you for the info.

Mathmachicken

Reaction score
I put the JBLs in mine and it's a night and day difference in sound quality. The rear speakers still sound very muddy by comparison, but as a whole it was amazing how much it cleaned it up.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
It's hard to pick between Infinitys and JBLs - both are top-quality.
They are the same company, Infinities are designed to recreate audio with accuracy and JBL's are designed to bang music. Hope that makes sense. ha

Rmazzei

Reaction score
anyone know if the HK system is also 2 ohms for the dash and door speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread