5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyless entry add on?

bobby11210

Reaction score
I have a 2019 bighorn and it does not have the button on the door handle to enter the vehicle as long as the key fob is close. Is there any way of adding this feature?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 bighorn and it does not have the button on the door handle to enter the vehicle as long as the key fob is close. Is there any way of adding this feature?
I would be interested in this myself.

dsd1212

Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer to your question? I would be interested in this also.

GATORB8

Reaction score
On previous vehicles I had looked into this. Extremely cost prohibitive. Handles, modules, harnesses, antennas, programming, keys.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure autotechelectronics sells kits+programming

FCArep

Reaction score
I'm surprised this isn't standard on a Big Horn. When I picked mine out, I took it for granted that it would be on there and shocked when it arrived without it.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My limited unlocks when the hand is placed behind the handle when a key is nearby. Only works for the front 2 doors. The button in the handle locks the truck.

FCArep

Reaction score
My limited unlocks when the hand is placed behind the handle when a key is nearby. Only works for the front 2 doors. The button in the handle locks the truck.
Right, but I believe you have to get at least a Laramie to obtain this feature. Which surprises me.

LaRamie

Reaction score
Laramie as well. I was disappointed the rear handles dont activate it as well. Should be standard, I had it on a car that cost half what the truck does. I catch myself trying to all the time..

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just stick my fingers behind the front handle when I want to unlock and get in the back.

Mark313

Reaction score
I had this feature on my 15 Grand Cherokee which I am now missing on my Bighorn

cjfioren

Reaction score
Does anyone know if just changing the door handle to body color is difficult. My service tech said each door is 1.5 hours each door to change. Any help would be appreciated.

JasonLMarsh

Reaction score
Does anyone know if just changing the door handle to body color is difficult. My service tech said each door is 1.5 hours each door to change. Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry, I know this is an old post... but.... LOL your dealer is a scammer. The 2019 handles can be swapped out in less than 2 minutes each...

cjfioren

Reaction score
Sorry, I know this is an old post... but.... LOL your dealer is a scammer. The 2019 handles can be swapped out in less than 2 minutes each...
Does that include the handles with passive entry?

JasonLMarsh

Reaction score
Does that include the handles with passive entry?
Yes, it takes 1 tool and about 40 seconds to get the handle off the door. The 2018 and older doors were much more difficult because you had to take the door apart to get to everything from the back side. With the 2019 you remove a small plastic cover on the edge of the door (just to the side of the handle). Look deep in there and you see a star screw head (sorry I can't remember the size). You back that screw out as far as it will go (it will not come all the way out). Once it stops turning, grab the lock part of your handle and pull straight out. Once that is out, grab the actual handle and pull it toward the lock side and it will pop out. Then just unplug the connector from the back edge of it.

Users who are viewing this thread