5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyed source under the hood

azzx

Reaction score
Guys,

I am installing a WIFI front camera on my RAM. I dont want to run wires through the firewall. Where/What is the best source for a keyed connection to power the camera?
What fuse in the fuse box under the hood?
or, another location/wire that I can tap in to that is not always hot
thanks

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
You're kinda SOL.

• Ram 1500 DT trucks do not have upfitter switched battery circuits available under hood
• Circuit F982 (Run/Accessory feed) is powered when the vehicle is in Accessory or Run mode. The F982 circuit is fed by a 10A fuse and feeds several components.
• Circuit F982 and comes out of the Interior Power Distribution Center (PDC) in pin 25 of connector C3. Unless using either one of the circuits to feed a very low current device, we recommend using it to control a relay with a fuse to provide the switched power.
Source: https://www.ramtrucks.com/ram-commercial/body-builders-guide.html >2019 Ram 1500 DT>Switched Battery Circuits.

If you're prepared to cut into things, study on the diagrams linked in this thread

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
I added a front camera to our 2019 Charger Scat Pack so my sweetie wouldn't knock the frontend off when she parked with a curb in front of her. I ran the power lead with the camera leads all the way back to the stereo head. I had purchased a harness for this from ZAutomotive when I bought the Tazer to enable the camera. The power wire from the camera tapped into a power lead on the stereo harness. So it came on and off with the factory stereo head. Depending on the device you use to enable your Ram stereo to work with the front camera, the company that sells it may have a harness for you as well.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Here's an idea to try and I nominate you to be the guinea pig, @azzx

This relay tester fits between the relay and the fuse block and provides test connections. There might be room to plug it into relay K14 (labelled Run only #1) then you would have switched power right there underhood. Grind off the unneeded terminals to prevent shorts and solder a lead/plug a spade terminal on, depending on what you have to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread